It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
more game mods aren't a bad idea like some say, having how many people are searching for a match on each mode would stop other modes being ignored, they would be played in peak times
"With that being said, an interesting effect of private matches is they actually tend to kill games with low playerbases. Most people will concentrate into private matches, which leaves the auto play function almost unusable." 100% agreed on this, i think we need a solution for this, to get more people to play using the automatchmaking feature instead of private matches. I've got one suggestion this far:
- disable rewards and ELO increase/decrease in private match
This ensures that no one makes a lobby with the intention of getting joules/gas (leaving immediately to get the ad and the gas reward from it), considering you don't get a reward for private matching anymore, and this also fixes possible exploits in rank gain (making a lobby with an alt acc and your main, and then just kill with whatever account wish to rank up.)
People don't play auto match because they want to play in the same team as their friends, hence the "play with friends" button
If private games were taken down and/or won't give exp or currency rewards then the game will most likely continue to die
since BBG born,i've wished a gamemode where you can do Teamwork with other players,for example fighting a boss(only an example uh)just add a gamemode with more teamwork
@AbsoluteZero This may be the first time I've ever disagreed with you on something before! You're actually the reason I don't post much on BBG-related things nowadays, you always say everything I want to say and more articulately too.
Loadouts simply help remove the luck factor from the game. Imagine being stuck as one class in the start of a TF2 game: a medic is desperately needed on a team, and you're unable to switch. This would not be so much of a problem based around the "playstyle" classes of B1K, Botch, Saberi, and Sanchez, but in any FPS with class roles, with built-in counters, strengths, and weaknesses, being able to cover your bases in order to better assist your team is critical and adds much-needed flexibility.
Removing loadouts would add much of the luck factor back into the game again and would see a return of meta class diehards who choose only the most balanced classes (Oliver and Riggs) in order to mitigate potential weaknesses.
I'll never forget this one game I had in BBR where I was a speed Heavy against two camping Snipers, one positioned on the top of each Aztec Temple. I remember raging over the fact that I would have never picked this class if I knew what I would be facing ahead of time, and it was the dumb luck of my team abandoning me, class choices on both sides, and a disadvantageous map that completely stopped any chance of victory. It would have been extremely easy to turn the tables if I was able to switch to a long-range, speedy, or stealth set. I wouldn't want to be stuck as a "diverse" Heavy on this map if I was given the choice, and if I knew before the start what map we were playing/who I was going to be up against. Losing these sorts of matches really cheapened the whole experience for me back then. It also led to some difficulties for BBR/G tourneys on the Bearacks, as sometimes one person would end up with the perfect counter/map for their wacky strategy, and things would come down to luck way too often.
Ultimately, the best way to ensure a wider variety of classes used on each different map is to give these characters options through their equipment and give them the ability to carry situational weaponry to mitigate weaknesses. Weapons such as Art of War served this purpose perfectly, and made Sniper a force to be reckoned with on Factory due to her agility. Of course there will always be maps friendly or unfriendly to a specific class, but that's where you have your other loadouts and classes that you've practiced with to back it up, and you still have the ability to win one for the team.
I definitely agree with an option to allow/disallow switching in private games, though, wanted that and other options for years. Whenever I see "Demo Only" or "Huggies" as a lobby name, I always like to make a mental bet on who's going to be the first to switch, lol.
Edit: also, almost GG earlier, kept getting booted so I gave up :P
I kid you not that happened to me too with the tutorial when I first opened bbr lol I was confused and didn't even finish it. Couldn't get past the tutorial so I ragequit. Saw the app on my phone a few weeks later and decided to try again and yeah lol rest is history.
- Remove all duplicate skins, reskins, the same default skin recoloured like 10+ times fk that lol. We need way better customization like give us a color palette so we can choose what color default skin we want instead. Most the skins should be premium currency except for a few for f2p players to obtain. Add color palette for those skins too. I liked that gundam skin for demo in bbo but I would've changed the color to black or red. so add it to bbg.
- Remove radar pro mode, Ik ppls not gonna like this but my main problem was that radar made the game 10x easier. Pre radar in bbr I was always on edge, always looking in every direction to see where the enemy would pop up from. It made the game that much more intense and exciting.
- Remove the solo YOLO mindset and bring back the TEAM PLAY.
- Yeah I agree, either remove or redesign saberi. She had that grandma look/feel when playing as her, plus she was bigger than most the other bears except for maybe Riggs and b1k lol. Like I only got her for her dual wep combo. Need better back stories too.
- Desert airmine, gold digger, sky view, shortest parsec, skate park, frozen pundra, steam yard blues, toxic terror were the worst maps in the game. I would've put marecraft too if it didn't have underground passages where I can get to the enemies base if they're camping at their tower. Most of these maps I listed need to be bigger/wider and more balanced so both sides have an even advantage for power up/shields/health packs. Except for skate park, this map is unnecessarily big. I suggest shrinking it down a little. You could always add the bbo maps to bbg too lol.
- Desert airmines main problem was that the team with the higher ground had the better side, cuz most the power ups were on their side, plus easier to aim at the enemies on the lower ground lol but it was fun for other game modes like hide and seek or infected (player made game modes). If you don't like the falling off the maps you could just add a broken style fence around desert airmine, some electric fences in shortest parsec. Bbg still got a lot of potential.
- Sky view too small of a map promoted aoe wep spam, nukes for days. Should add multiple smaller platforms all around the map so players can jump around from platform to platform while shooting at the enemies, doesn't have to be on even ground either can make it go above the main map area. Would make sky view map 1000x more fun to play on.
- Steam yard blues by far the worst map ever, even worse than sky view lol too cluttered and just aoe wep spam bs. Waste of a map needs to be much bigger to work out. It's basically a respawn die respawn die map dumb.
- Each class should have their own role in battle!! No branching off like what u did in bbg giving every class an aoe weapon. That just ruined the game!! Because small maps and aoe wep spam, there's no skill or thought process involved lol.