BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Should I host a tournament

NeptuneNeptune Member Posts: 338 Recruit
edited October 2015 in Clan Talk
Tournament will be a 2v2 Contestants HAVE to be in the same clan. Keeping @Fluttershyisbestpony 's request in mind I will review your class if you are not using Oliver or Huggable, No stacking, 3 maps, Huggy factory, Spaceship, and construction place, Rounds are best of 5, NO CHEATING, MUST post on Ep and tag me or send me a screenshot on kik: TwiZzTcF, I will be monitoring the Semi-finals and finals IN THE GAME which means that I will either be playing in them or spectating

This is a revision, the tournament will be for fun and love of community instead

Should I host a tournament 20 votes

Yes, I love this idea
30%
Bboy_XRayNeptunethecheeseloverGRIMREAPER0100SSP_RismNuclear Dawn 6 votes
No, this blows
60%
eXTCyChickenwithBBQDisagreeAlex17kekjasonkillyou156MaRvelousJuiceNooseOnTheLooseUltimate_BearSupaHotEmperorpiernsurfEnvisionary 12 votes
Idk how to feel
10%
BanzichanNukee_ 2 votes

Comments

• Ultimate_BearUltimate_Bear Member Posts: 992 Underlord 2016
    edited October 2015
    No, this blows
    First off what makes construction site and huggy factory so special that they are stages we can go on and not the others? Spaceship I get but why those two? Second best of 5?
    ybqrvwtdjq49.png
    18cek3ohgw0m.gif

• thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,338 Noble
    Yes, I love this idea
    Needs ALOT of tweaks though
  • NeptuneNeptune Member Posts: 338 Recruit
    Yes, I love this idea
    @Ultimate_Bear I didn't say there was an entry fee I said this was an entry tournament
  • Ultimate_BearUltimate_Bear Member Posts: 992 Underlord 2016
    No, this blows
    Oh my mistake. Well one problem solved there.
    ybqrvwtdjq49.png
    18cek3ohgw0m.gif

Yes, I love this idea
    @Ultimate_Bear Best of 5 means first to 3 wins
    Yes, I love this idea
    @Ultimate_Bear and I found those maps were the most balanced
  • eXTCyeXTCy Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,466 Underlord 2016
    No, this blows
    can only be huggy or soldier? boring.
    Yes, I love this idea
    @eXTCy what do you suggest everything else is horribly unbalanced except maybe the sniper
  • DevilishMeDevilishMe Member Posts: 733 Corporal
    The problem is not should u host the tournament, however it is can u host the tournament. So far I don't think much clan tournament has even been successfully carried out recently
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,946 Exalted
    Neptune wrote: »
    @eXTCy what do you suggest everything else is horribly unbalanced except maybe the sniper

Ban specific weapons and sets instead of entire classes, or you'll rob the tourney of its fun. "No powerups, Oliver only, Space Oddity"
    edited October 2015
    Yes, I love this idea
    @DevilishMe If it can be done smartly and efficiently with a lot of support by the community it might be able to be done, the good part about this is that it's a 2v2 tournament less clan inactivity
    Yes, I love this idea
    @Fluttershyisbestpony Sometimes the whole class is to blame, like some people think that Saberi is way too OP in general, and that all her weapons are unbalanced, I'm trying to avoid conflict, but keeping that in mind I'll try to make some adjustments
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,946 Exalted
    edited October 2015
    @Neptune I beg to differ about Saberi, she's anything but OP. Or UP for that matter, she's ridiculously balanced where it almost doesn't matter what secondary you pair with your primary. Instead of saying you can't use anything except for these few classes, why not make it "you can use anything except for these banned sets/weapons"? The tournament will be a lot broader and encourage thinking outside the box setup-wise, which is why BBR was so great originally. :) Just consult with people like @LSXSL who know the metagame inside out and can give you good advice on what loadouts or weapons wouldn't be acceptable in a tourney environment.
    Yes, I love this idea
    @Fluttershyisbestpony I think I found a solution
  • ShlutterShlutter Member Posts: 24 Recruit
    is there a prize
    Yes, I love this idea
    @Shlutter I was gonna give the winning team either 2 20$ iTunes cards or 5$ each but then I decided this should be done out of love for community
    Yes, I love this idea
    Bump
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,068 Underlord 2016
    Yes, I love this idea
    Would 585 count so i could get someone from 585 and me?
    SSS
  • MaRvelousJuiceMaRvelousJuice Member Posts: 3,403 Noble
    No, this blows
    Bump

Why would you bump this?!

It's almost been a MONTH. I would think you'd made up your mind about hosting this (lol) tournament, but I guess not.
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
    Yes, I love this idea
    @SSP_Rism yup @Mr.J This was kind of a troll bump but not really
  • Nuclear DawnNuclear Dawn Member Posts: 213 Recruit
    Yes, I love this idea
    I think it's a pretty sweet idea. 2v2s would be perfect with the low player count. Don't see why everyone's against it, if your the one putting the effort it & if it pulls off it would be great fun. If people actually involved themselves and contributed in more community activities these things would attract more attention to the forums (and BBG).
  • piernsurfpiernsurf Member Posts: 792 Corporal
    No, this blows
    SNet wrote: »
    I think it's a pretty sweet idea. 2v2s would be perfect with the low player count. Don't see why everyone's against it, if your the one putting the effort it & if it pulls off it would be great fun. If people actually involved themselves and contributed in more community activities these things would attract more attention to the forums (and BBG).
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/44433/the-official-halloween-fright-night-fight-2v2-tournament-thread-round-3-has-started#latest
    No, this blows

@SNet have you read the rules!?

LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
    Yes, I love this idea
    I like the rules @Mr.J I don't see anything wrong with them
    No, this blows
    I like the rules @Mr.J I don't see anything wrong with them

Of course you'd like the rules! You MADE THEM.

I've read some of your older posts on this thread, and I absolutely disagree with your view of things.

"horribly unbalanced..."

This specifically.

So, Oliver & Huggy only?!

Everyone is going to pick Oliver because he just Over powers Huggable with all his weapons! The Huggable is weak and has insta-use weapons, and after he uses them, he is prone to damage as he can't switch to his secondary while the reload. All it can do is melee the Oliver, which is absolutely stupid. Most likely, the Oliver has spread shot, which has a huge damage output, and could kill the weak huggable.

Also Oliver's long ranged weapons vs. Huggable's close quarters style

This tournament has no, "Uniqueness."

Most of the time the matches will be a Proliver vs Proliver, or a Huggy 1v1, each using Static Shuffle and Phantom Hug.

@Mr.J This was kind of a troll bump but not really

Ugh... trolls
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
    Yes, I love this idea
    Mr.J wrote: »

@SNet have you read the rules!?

Mr.J, you could easier speak to Neptune about adjusting the rules, I'm pretty sure they are just suggestions for now.
    No, this blows
    @SNet Just read all of the previous comments.

Neptune loved his rules.
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
    Yes, I love this idea
    Yeah fair enough Mr.J (Sorry can't tag you) Atleast it's a good idea, the Tournament anyways
    No, this blows
    Yeah fair enough Mr.J (Sorry can't tag you) Atleast it's a good idea, the Tournament anyways

There's a tournament EXACTLY like this, but that one has better rules, more people participating, prizes, and help from SkyVu themselves.
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
    Yes, I love this idea
    Mr.J wrote: »

There's a tournament EXACTLY like this, but that one has better rules, more people participating, prizes, and help from SkyVu themselves.

Yeah I saw, alrighty then I think we should let this thread rip, cheers :smile:
    Yes, I love this idea
    Well if u didn't like my rules I was open for discussion... A month ago ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)