BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Back in my day...

GreenGadget_GGGreenGadget_GG Member Posts: 600 Corporal
Hello children of this generation. Ive been on a 3-4 year hiatus. Back in my day, there were a lot more players in BBG. What happened? I used to always get a full game against people my level. And why are there ads after every game?

Comments

• FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,445 Fabled
    edited November 2015
    The game is 4 years old now and within that timeframe it's gradually declined in active playerbase but there are still some who play on occasion. The ads were meant to give you 1 gas after every game if you watched them fully, but something happened and now they're just there to annoy.
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • GreenGadget_GGGreenGadget_GG Member Posts: 600 Corporal
    I miss the good old days ;(
    Of BBR
  • MuzzleMuzzle Member, MVP Posts: 3,641 Exalted
    Hipster Alert
    VDx9C98.jpg Legion of Sneks
  • DevilishMeDevilishMe Member Posts: 733 Corporal
    Not sure but to me I feel like weapons back then were more balanced
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,958 Exalted
    @GreenGadget_GG Your name seems distantly familiar. Welcome back! :)
  • MaRvelousJuiceMaRvelousJuice Member Posts: 3,403 Noble
    Another person who mourns over the past. Great....

@GreenGadget_GG I think I can safely say that the, "Good 'Ol Days," we're fun and filled with excitement because BBR was something new to the BB community. Playing with your friends on an online shooter revolving around BEARS/GUNS! That's so freakin' awesome! But that aspect grew out of us overtime, so people started to leave. Then, bbg came out and did a whole lot of changes to our game, BBR. That's when everything started to change, but I wasn't around the forums at that time so idk how it effected the community, so I can't really say anything.

I might get hated for this, but admit it. BBR wasn't the golden game we remember it to be. There wasn't a lot of content in the game, making unique setups hard to make, and people using the same setup as everyone else. If your setup was just plain weak against someone else's setup, you had to deal with it because, surprise surprise! Load outs don't exist yet!

Oh yeah, do I have to mention the, DMG+4 USERS EVERYWHERE.

Also, gas was difficult to come by during BBR for me.

BBR was fun, but it isn't the best and certainly does not outperform BBG's current state.

(Might touch up on that topic, later.)
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,958 Exalted
    @Mr.J Exactly, it's the community that made it special.
  • NovaProspektNovaProspekt Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 10,731 Fabled
    edited November 2015
    Simple:

It's a mobile game. Mobile companies don't achieve much of a faithful consumer-base like AAA or indie games do. Hell, 90% of a game's consumer population don't even know or recognize the makers of the game they play on the crapper.
    contain_us_by_zeurel-d9jdcaf.giflatest?cb=20160508083013

• eXTCyeXTCy Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,467 Underlord 2016
    The game is almost 4 years old?

wut.

• SwagridSwagrid Member Posts: 519 Corporal
    Most people who played it before have forgotten it. The game used to be on the leaderboards of the App Store, but now it has dwindled to like the bottom of the list. New players are incredibly rare.
    giphy.gif
    lebotac, carnesha and modnoc were gods of our time
  • NeptuneNeptune Member Posts: 338 Recruit
    BBR for me was always memorable, because of the great people I met, everywhere you went people were nice to each other and that's why that game soared on the leaderboards because of the community, now what is the community, a bunch of 9 year olds that know how to type a sentence on a computer? The way I see it, it's the people that make the game, not the game that makes the community, so pinch me if I'm wrong but I think BBR was an amazing experience weapon wise and skill wise and popularity wise, sure there were OP classes but they were balanced out like some of the only had like 1 or 2 or 3 shots when u stacked dmg or exp equipment on them, and most of the new classes that were made were amazingly balanced, stacking damage wasn't as popular then because people with speed and sw boots could out maneuver you the gameplay was amazing and balanced you had to rely on your aim and your environment and your raw gunskill to win instead of who has the better gun or who can jump and shoot or who was stacking equipment or who bought a certain weapon for a premium class *cough* nova *cough* *cough* Carpet bomb *cough* so yea my rant was to tell u guys why BBR was my fav battle bears game
    @Neptune I was actually going to just tell you some things that most likely would have started an argument, but since I have a lvl 2 warning, and have already caused an argument, I'm just going to let your post slide....

For now
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
    BBR, for me, was incredibly simple and fun. The forums were very popular back then and there were many great people that i still remember. And every game there was usually at least one clan member that i would always try to beat. The game was really well balanced in my opinion excluding only a few WEAPONS(not classes). To sum it all up, BBR/BBG WAS a great game :(
    It really just doesnt feel the same to me anymore. Ill still play it from time to time tho :P
  • TimothyTimothy Member Posts: 133 Recruit
    The reasons are simple. Everyone is either quitting or moving to BBU. Not many people have stuck with bbg. I see it as skyvu moved most to if not all of their attention to BBU, resulting in people wanting to play that game instead or just quit altogether.
    Timothy wrote: »
    The reasons are simple. Everyone is either quitting or moving to BBU. Not many people have stuck with bbg. I see it as skyvu moved most to if not all of their attention to BBU, resulting in people wanting to play that game instead or just quit altogether.

Nope

LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
  • Auric_BearAuric_Bear Member Posts: 283 Recruit
    Timothy wrote: »

people arent even moving on to BBU, SkyVu is just dying....

i think we should try going back too story games which actually got SkyVu on the map, being the top game.
  • NeptuneNeptune Member Posts: 338 Recruit
    Everyone thinks BBU sucks no offense SkyVu, just reopen the BBR servers like, everyone liked that game, why don't u just reopen the software remaster some of the graphics add in private matches and leave us alone, jesus
    Neptune wrote: »
    Everyone thinks BBU sucks no offense SkyVu, just reopen the BBR servers like, everyone liked that game, why don't u just reopen the software remaster some of the graphics add in private matches and leave us alone, jesus

It's just the Nostalgia that makes the people "love that game."

And all that you just typed....

Oh geez
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
  • Yoky01Yoky01 Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,413 Fabled
    edited November 2015
    I have explained this many times, but I'll try to make it short.

The reason why BBG doesn't feel the same as BBR isn't just because nostalgia, it's just that it turned irrelevant to the series, back then BBR had elements from BB-1, BBBlast, BBZ, and probable sneak peaks from BBØ. But then at BBG we already got elements which weren't related like a Skatepark, Ice Cave, Steampunk junkyard, Skyscrapers, Golden mines, etc… which are things we haven't seen yet and not to mention that we got characters that haven't appeared at the series yet like "B-1000, Botch and Saberi", we already knew about Sanchez but the way they included him saying that he was revived feel too quick and also as a spoiler of a good plotwist.

Also, many people left because they "got bored of BBG" / "Acted inappropriate" / "got tired of the huge hiatus of the storyline games (3 years which are going to turn into 4 soon)" / "promised to come back once BBTV premiere (we'll never see them again)" / "Simply want to continue with their lives without the forums"
    welp, I said it.
  • SolgrynSolgryn Member Posts: 13 Recruit
    There's a time when every game reaches an age where player base starts to go down. Just think of all those app store fads. It can happen to any game.

I still play bbg regularly. I started playing about a week after it came out in 2011. While the new content is kind of "Eh" at times, I still play the game for fun.