BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

What should we NOT include in the BBG Revamp?

SkyVu_BenSkyVu_Ben CEO Posts: 261 SkyVu Employee
Help remind me what we should absolutely NOT include in the BBG Revamp. What were the worst things about BBG (and BBO) that you absolutely hated and hope to never see again in your lifetime or your grandchildren's lifetimes?

Here's my 2 cents to get the ball rolling:
Saberi - was never satisfied with her design
Sky View map - too shallow of an experience
Desert Air Mine map - don't like maps where you can fall off and die fit well into mobile
BBG's text heavy and arduos tutorial - oh gawd, only 20% of new players made it through the whole tutorial, if I had a dime for everytime I saw a user get stuck and give up midway though. It's a miracle the game still succeeded with this tutorial.
Any ugly softly brush stroked splash images - this is the door step to BBG/R and needs to look bold+sharp+cool every single time

BBO do NOT wants:
Candyland map - in theory it sounded exciting, in practice just too much everything in a chlostrophobic space, especially spawning in tiny compartments with slides that send you right into the line of fire, not good

Tagged:

Comments

• SkyVu_BenSkyVu_Ben CEO Posts: 261 SkyVu Employee
    What if we made it so you could not fall off and die in Desert Air Mine (DAM)? Visually I liked the color palette and loved the constant motion.
  • InstableGriffInstableGriff Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 1,343 Sergeant
    Oh yeah, forgot about Steam Yard Blues.

Nobody likes that map. The fact that I consistently forget about it in the first place proves its lack of balance and quality.
  • NooseOnTheLooseNooseOnTheLoose Member Posts: 572 Corporal
    edited November 25
    just don't bring back the damn models from BBOV ok
    latest?cb=20151223065501

• PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,623 Fabled
    I think Sky View should be kept since many seem to enjoy it... not sure if Saberi should be removed either.
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,433 Noble
    edited November 29
    Desert Airmine has always been one of the most popular maps and it's my personal favorite. The wind mechanic suggestion sounds fine but the map is too popular to get rid of or even change severely imo. In theory it isn't the best map, it gives the team with high ground a bit of an unfair advantage and the dangers of the map itself disrupt typical gameplay. But it's a very easy map to like for those reasons too. Asymmetrical maps are a little bit more interesting, and the hazards make map navigation much more important and make gameplay intriguing. Additionally the multileveled aspects clearly distinguish the map from the others and make it fairly unique. Another note on this, people seem to like maps that have a bit more interaction. Most maps are very passive, but Desert Airmine, Shortest Parsec, and Haunted Castle have more hazards and involvement. They're three of my favorite maps as a result and I think others agree. They make for more interesting maps and add a bit more strategy as well.

Speaking of Desert Airmine, the jump pads sending players off the map should probably be fixed if it isn't already.

Sky View is ehh. Never heard it listed as anyones favorite map, and it certainly has some issues. But at the same time it is fairly well liked for ffa matches and is very popular for huggable matches as well. It's not a great map for average games but it seems to have a bit of a niche. I don't think it's a glaring issue but it's not so popular that a redesign would be a bad idea.

I agree with the others on Steamyard blues. The layout is confusing, it's too small, explosives are blatantly overpowered on it, and their isn't quite enough color variety imo (although some may disagree on that last part). It's also pretty claustrophobic and difficult to navigate. It's the only map i see as being a problem. The rest may have their issues but they all have a niche. That being said, Spaceship has become increasingly prone to spawn killing and powerup abuse as the pace of the game has increased (it seems a bit too small for the faster pace).

I also do not want chests or candyland for already explained reasons.

I do not want autoaim in BBG. Autoaim isn't an inherently bad idea, but a lot of people see it as skilless and so it hurts the reputation of a game (just look at how much hate futuristic sniper got in BB0. The weapon sucked and people still complained about it). I've seen people claim BB0 was too easy because of autoaim. Snipers already have a form of autoaim which I'm ok with, but I don't want any weapon to have true autoaim in bbg.

Saberi is a problem, but I'm not sure we should completely get rid of her. A redesign to her visuals and audio would help, and maybe modifying her weapons. She would essentially be a different character but still around.

I don't want more characters any time soon. I think we have plenty at this point. We should focus more on developing what we have instead of adding more characters.

That's mostly it for me. Not a lot of things I affirmatively hate in these games, and some of the things I do hate aren't really applicable here (like punches in BB0). Most glaring issues with BBR/BBG have been balance issues and bugs until fairly recently. It wasn't until Saberi that I started having content issues as well.
    OKY was here
  • StitchEmUpStitchEmUp Member Posts: 3 Recruit
    I don’t know what I don’t want to see, but I do know I would want to see bbo players get a little bit of honor. Maybe they could get something little, like an exclusive icon, or a skin. Post your thoughts on this. I just had the idea but I don’t know what you guys think :)
  • armandoarmando Member Posts: 13 Recruit
    Dont add any kind of aim assits
    Dont add randomized chest system
    Dont add any meaningless characters *saberi*
    Make maps have powerups and health evenly spread out. Etc sky view only had 1 chicken health, mines only have 1 chicken but one team has the advantage over it
    Dont add broken weapons from bbo without fixing the current broken ones in bbg, ice fireworks, dmg w/ default asr, bouncing betty, dmg lightning bolt
    Possibly remove the ability to not stack equipment? Ex. Damage1 + Damage2 art of war , explosive1 + explosive2 bouncing betty
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,043 Underlord 2016
    Alright so what i don’t want:
    -fidget boomer, god please remove this weapon.
    -weapons that don’t fit a class and would fit another one are given to that other one e.g. Blowdarts on graham
    -desert airmine’s impossible spring where you can’t go over that middle section without suiciding (i actually enjoy the difficulty of trying avoid falling off the map)
    -auto aim
    -bbo’s models or graphics in any way (except weapons and skins if you use them but those skins would be on the bbg models)
    -chests
    -augments
    -armour (bbo’s armour not the equipment)
    -backpacks
    -level locks make new players feel as if they have been locked away from weapons. Get em outta here

I don’t want saberi removed but she has no class role which is why she is the worst class since every other class actually has a job, not her. Sniper can kill from range, graham can support via area denial and saberi can shoot 2 guns at once? Nice concept but it’s been based on nothing.

The chaos on skyview is what makes it shine i think it should be left alone besides having a chicken on each side and maybe bearscream sandwhich on both sides too.
    armando wrote: »
    Dont add any kind of aim assits
    Dont add randomized chest system
    Dont add any meaningless characters *saberi*
    Make maps have powerups and health evenly spread out. Etc sky view only had 1 chicken health, mines only have 1 chicken but one team has the advantage over it
    Dont add broken weapons from bbo without fixing the current broken ones in bbg, ice fireworks, dmg w/ default asr, bouncing betty, dmg lightning bolt
    Possibly remove the ability to not stack equipment? Ex. Damage1 + Damage2 art of war , explosive1 + explosive2 bouncing betty

Damage asalt was balanced a year ago it’s no longer OP. Removing stacking equipment altogether wouldn’t work since people would just start using damage armour or damage ammo etc and people like speed +3 and it’s used on a ton of sets.
    don't include the models from BBOV, either modify the existing BBG models, reuse the models from BBU or create new models from scratch. don't port the chat system from BBOV's menu, the chat has caused more harm than good, i suggest replace that with a voice chat feature before a match starts and after a match (similar to Super Smash Bros. Wii U voice chat option) however, this will be turned off by DEFAULT, i have more options to replace the menu chat system from BBOV that are in the suggestions thread. One thing i wouldn't like to come back from BBG would be the specials, yeah i know this could be an unpopular opinion but half of them are not useful at all and since we already have equipments and the 2 pro mode items they just seem unnecessary.

Chat system was fine and it definitely created more good then harm, with how little content there was in BBO and a ton of other bad stuff there was no way it should have lasted as long as it did but chat helped it survive and that kind of thing could be great for BBG. No one would go in voice chat. Specials allow for a lot of different sets and removing them would make bbg much more bland and uninteresting since there isn’t enough choice.

SSS
  • NYCONYCO Member Posts: 1,062 Sergeant
    edited November 25
    Comments
    Hmm... always thought Saberi was fine as the 2 weapons concept was interesting. Not as great as other characters but seeing her gone will be a disappointment.

I liked the old Sky pirates more

Desert Air Mine is all right (though the ptb version need some work for blue had a huge advantage). Also the drill and windmill hazard should be easier to avoid to make it more newbie friendly.

Tutorial may need some work. Should explain each mode and have a detailed description on power ups.

Another rework of candy land or custom game exclusive.

Things to not to include...
    Equipment (or Armour bonus from BBO) : Something about them makes me not like them. They can make a weapon unbalanced and/ or remove a key weakness to one character Weapons and characters should have its flaws and equipment shouldn't fix a weakness to them.

Radar: People with the radar can really ruin the experience for others as it removes the practice of stealth and escape tactics.

No chest system like in BBU: The chest system may have gotten me to join the forums but the randomize loot can really detour a player away. Players should be able to buy whatever they want with their hard earn currency.

Steam yard blues: Crammed and claustrophobic. Needs some big rework or custom game exclusive.

That's all I can really think of for now.
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
  • FISHDOFISHDO Member Posts: 2 Recruit
    IMO, the game matching system in BBG is a much slower and less easily customizable system compared to BBO.

As for auto aim: I’m not a fan, however I do think that ‘accuracy’ as it is in BBO is a fairly realistic option. As someone with extensive experience firing actual automatic weapons IRL, I know that it takes experience to truly hold one anywhere near your target. Otherwise you are truly ‘spraying and praying’. Large machine guns are heavy and slow. Sub-Machine guns (SGM) are lighter and inherently incredible inaccurate. They have a shorter range as they are simply beefed up pistols, same bullet. Assault Rifles (AR) are a nice blend. However they still have a lot of scatter to their shots when fired on fully automatic. Instead of auto-aim. How about augment/abilities, whatever we are calling them, that reduce the scatter of shots. This could be represented by a larger target reticle that decreases in size as fire control is implemented. The major drawback to this is it would tend toward targeted kill shots, head/chest vs arm/leg. I would prefer that The franchise not go that far. I think it’s an unnecessary gameplay complication that would add way to many lines of code as well.

I’ve always found that people that complain about the unrealistic nature of the ‘auto-aim’ while fully enjoying the true lunacy of the sniper 360 jump shot, laughable. All characters have bonuses and flaws. It is up the the actual skill of the player to enhance or overcome them.

All of this was said in an effort to point out the fact that we are already accepting a certain level of suspension of belief. Before anyone goes to far in their complaints, please remember, this is a game. It’s NOWHERE near a lifelike war experience. It is supposed to be enjoyable. Take it for what it is.... An incredibly enjoyable emersion experience with amazing open graphics, customizable environment, and engaging storyline. The fact that it is on a mobile platform and for most of you free should be celebrated.
  • InstableGriffInstableGriff Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 1,343 Sergeant
    edited November 25
    Upon remembering, I honestly think the Radar being a permanent feature should be taken out because yes, it ruins a lot of things that used to be present in BBR like being able to play stealthily and the entire point of Flawless Disguise, but I don't think the Radar itself should be removed entirely.

My idea is that the Radar could instead be implemented into the Sixth-Sense Goggles, upgrading the normally unused special from its current state by a huge margin. Basically, when you use the Goggles, not only does it show all player positions as usual, but the Radar also pops up on-screen. To ensure it isn't useless considering the Goggles normally detect player positions anyway, the Radar stays on-screen a few extra seconds after the normal Goggle effects wear off.

I'm confident that with this change, old players who were so attached to the Radar would, at least in some matches, give up the Jump Boots or Caffeine and finally start using Sixth-Sense Goggles effectively again. After a particular balance change, for the longest time I always thought the Goggles were near-useless, but I feel that incorporating the Radar into the special would help give it the boost it desperately needs.
  • HecticHectic Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 752 Corporal
    I kid you not that happened to me too with the tutorial when I first opened bbr lol I was confused and didn't even finish it. Couldn't get past the tutorial so I ragequit. Saw the app on my phone a few weeks later and decided to try again and yeah lol rest is history.

- Remove all duplicate skins, reskins, the same default skin recoloured like 10+ times fk that lol. We need way better customization like give us a color palette so we can choose what color default skin we want instead. Most the skins should be premium currency except for a few for f2p players to obtain. Add color palette for those skins too. I liked that gundam skin for demo in bbo but I would've changed the color to black or red. so add it to bbg.

- Remove radar pro mode, Ik ppls not gonna like this but my main problem was that radar made the game 10x easier. Pre radar in bbr I was always on edge, always looking in every direction to see where the enemy would pop up from. It made the game that much more intense and exciting.

- Remove the solo YOLO mindset and bring back the TEAM PLAY.

- Yeah I agree, either remove or redesign saberi. She had that grandma look/feel when playing as her, plus she was bigger than most the other bears except for maybe Riggs and b1k lol. Like I only got her for her dual wep combo. Need better back stories too.

- Desert airmine, gold digger, sky view, shortest parsec, skate park, frozen pundra, steam yard blues, toxic terror were the worst maps in the game. I would've put marecraft too if it didn't have underground passages where I can get to the enemies base if they're camping at their tower. Most of these maps I listed need to be bigger/wider and more balanced so both sides have an even advantage for power up/shields/health packs. Except for skate park, this map is unnecessarily big. I suggest shrinking it down a little. You could always add the bbo maps to bbg too lol.

- Desert airmines main problem was that the team with the higher ground had the better side, cuz most the power ups were on their side, plus easier to aim at the enemies on the lower ground lol but it was fun for other game modes like hide and seek or infected (player made game modes). If you don't like the falling off the maps you could just add a broken style fence around desert airmine, some electric fences in shortest parsec. Bbg still got a lot of potential.

- Sky view too small of a map promoted aoe wep spam, nukes for days. Should add multiple smaller platforms all around the map so players can jump around from platform to platform while shooting at the enemies, doesn't have to be on even ground either can make it go above the main map area. Would make sky view map 1000x more fun to play on.

- Steam yard blues by far the worst map ever, even worse than sky view lol too cluttered and just aoe wep spam bs. Waste of a map needs to be much bigger to work out. It's basically a respawn die respawn die map dumb.

- Each class should have their own role in battle!! No branching off like what u did in bbg giving every class an aoe weapon. That just ruined the game!! Because small maps and aoe wep spam, there's no skill or thought process involved lol.
    edited November 25
    Hectic wrote: »
    I kid you not that happened to me too with the tutorial when I first opened bbr lol I was confused and didn't even finish it. Couldn't get past the tutorial so I ragequit. Saw the app on my phone a few weeks later and decided to try again and yeah lol rest is history.

- Remove all duplicate skins, reskins, the same default skin recoloured like 10+ times fk that lol. We need way better customization like give us a color palette so we can choose what color default skin we want instead. Most the skins should be premium currency except for a few for f2p players to obtain. Add color palette for those skins too. I liked that gundam skin for demo in bbo but I would've changed the color to black or red. so add it to bbg.

- Remove radar pro mode, Ik ppls not gonna like this but my main problem was that radar made the game 10x easier. Pre radar in bbr I was always on edge, always looking in every direction to see where the enemy would pop up from. It made the game that much more intense and exciting.

- Remove the solo YOLO mindset and bring back the TEAM PLAY.

- Yeah I agree, either remove or redesign saberi. She had that grandma look/feel when playing as her, plus she was bigger than most the other bears except for maybe Riggs and b1k lol. Like I only got her for her dual wep combo. Need better back stories too.

- Desert airmine, gold digger, sky view, shortest parsec, skate park, frozen pundra, steam yard blues, toxic terror were the worst maps in the game. I would've put marecraft too if it didn't have underground passages where I can get to the enemies base if they're camping at their tower. Most of these maps I listed need to be bigger/wider and more balanced so both sides have an even advantage for power up/shields/health packs. Except for skate park, this map is unnecessarily big. I suggest shrinking it down a little. You could always add the bbo maps to bbg too lol.

- Desert airmines main problem was that the team with the higher ground had the better side, cuz most the power ups were on their side, plus easier to aim at the enemies on the lower ground lol but it was fun for other game modes like hide and seek or infected (player made game modes). If you don't like the falling off the maps you could just add a broken style fence around desert airmine, some electric fences in shortest parsec. Bbg still got a lot of potential.

- Sky view too small of a map promoted aoe wep spam, nukes for days. Should add multiple smaller platforms all around the map so players can jump around from platform to platform while shooting at the enemies, doesn't have to be on even ground either can make it go above the main map area. Would make sky view map 1000x more fun to play on.

- Steam yard blues by far the worst map ever, even worse than sky view lol too cluttered and just aoe wep spam bs. Waste of a map needs to be much bigger to work out. It's basically a respawn die respawn die map dumb.

- Each class should have their own role in battle!! No branching off like what u did in bbg giving every class an aoe weapon. That just ruined the game!! Because small maps and aoe wep spam, there's no skill or thought process involved lol.

At first I was skeptical about the idea of removing colored skins as their is no reason to remove decent content, but the idea of having a color palette is actually fairly intriguing. That would allow for a huge variety of colors without having to make a million variations of the default skin.

I have to disagree on Shortest Parsec and Desert Airmine. They have their flaws yes but they are my favorite maps and I don't think redesigning them is truly necessary as they are fairly popular as is. We should work on redesigning less popular maps like Toxic Terror and Steamyard Blues.

Seems like all of us are in agreement to remove the radar promode. I really like @InstableGriff idea to add radar as a feature of sixth sense goggles. It's probably the best solution to the radar problem that we're going to get.
    OKY was here
    Basing off what @Fishdo said, I agree that too many weapons in this game are too accurate. Heavy in particular bothers me, many of his weapons seem to have great accuracy and it doesn't really fit his character imo. He should be (and was) a high health, slow character with powerful inaccurate weapons. Now it seems like he can hit you from across the map which really isn't ok imo (he also seems to be a tad broken so maybe changing that could help). Accuracy equipment isn't a bad idea either, but I can't imagine it being very popular. Speaking of equipment, I've always felt like armor equipment was fairly underwhelming for many classes but maybe that's just me.

I also like @Ssp_Rism suggestion to redistribute weapons to classes that they suit more. It does seem like many classes are beginning to lose their distinctions between eachother in terms of playstyle. I'll list my ideas for what each class should be but others may disagree (my contributions in this area haven't been on point lol)

Soldier: Automatic or hitscan weapons for primaries, and explosive/utility weapons as secondaries (as much as I like weapons like OCO Gauntlet, it doesn't really fit the class as a primary if you think about it).

Heavy: Inaccurate (or short ranged but accurate in some cases) but powerful automatic weapon as primaries, and like Soldier, utility/explosive weapons as secondaries.

Huggable: I don't have any issues with Huggables 'weapons' rn, but I don't think he should be given more ranged attacks anytime soon. I think he should definitely remain close ranged. Primaries are close ranged 'weapons' (with the exception of headlights) and secondaries give boosts or are non damaging.

Demo: AoE primaries and Rockets as secondaries.

Chub Scout: I don't think Chub Scouts primaries have ever been very defined. I don't have any issues with Chub Scout having a variety of primaries, but they should generally be more close ranged. His secondaries should still be unique as they are already (idk how to explain it, but you know what I mean I think).

Astoria: Sniper Rifles (or otherwise very long ranged weapons, but not automatics) as primaries and trapping/distracting secondaries. Blow Dart doesn't really fit her if you think about it.

Graham: Primaries should be very unique in their design, and most shouldn't be too effective at direct damage imo (gamma ray, rivet gun). I don't like Hand Cannon for Graham it seems too powerful for him. His secondaries should be supportive and engineer focused like turrets and mines.

Botch: I honestly don't know enough about him anymore to say.

B-1000: Very powerful AoE weapons as primaries, and supportive secondaries that grant abilities.

Saberi: No idea tbh

Sanchez: Also not too sure. idk much about the new classes.

As far as augments and armor are concerned, I found that augments and armor created hideous balance problems in BB0 (Sp sniper went from borderline broken to disgustingly op with augs, and some characters became almost unkillable with good armor). Equipment is a better, more balanced system than augs/armor and for that reason augs and armor should never be in BBG because we have equipment instead.
    OKY was here
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,257 Fabled
    Don’t remove the tutorial, just change it to be more understandable.

I never use Saberi, so do what you want with her

Taunts need to change so they don’t replace Woo Hoo

Remove the fidget spinner weapons and Steamyard Blues

King of the Windmill I also don’t really like much
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
  • EarmuffsEarmuffs Member, MVP, Trial Moderator Posts: 2,156 War Hero
    edited November 25
    @AbsoluteZero
    Botch seems to have 2 "themes":
    Poison and overall glass cannon styled

Arbiter started off with primaries that slowed enemies down and secondaries that placed different fields, but he seems to have lost that.

Both of them have a lot of area denial capabilities as well.
    Will used to have a turning tides thing where his weapons were stronger if his team was losing, but that kind of just faded away.
    giphy.gif giphy.gif

• SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,043 Underlord 2016
    Earmuffs wrote: »
    @AbsoluteZero

Arbiter started off with primaries that slowed enemies down and secondaries that placed different fields, but he seems to have lost that.

Will used to have a turning tides thing where his weapons were stronger if his team was losing, but that kind of just faded away.

sanchez's whole thing was debuffing with primaries and buffing with secondaries and that was his support, felt like your description made it sound as if he was treading on graham's turf.

wil turned into a regular power class that's all.
    SSS
    One thing that I've always been against but haven't talked about much in BBG is actually loadouts, and the lack of loadouts is one of the things I prefer about BBU. I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but please hear me out on why I think this way.

The reason I don't like loadouts is because they decrease variety of gameplay and the strategy behind specific characters/weapons. Now I know that most people would argue with me on this and say that loadouts increase variety of gameplay as people can change characters each time they die, and there is some truth to that. However, most people will not use every loadout every game and additionally most people will switch to characters based on the map they are in. Before loadouts, if you were playing Astoria on Huggable Factory, you were stuck playing Astoria. You couldn't switch to a class more suited to the map. As a result we actually saw a greater variety in chatacters, as each map tends to be more suited towards certain playstyles and some characters would not normally get chosen for those maps. Now that we have loadouts, how often do you see Astorias on Huggable Factory? Or Spaceship? Not very often. And it's because people can switch away from her after their first death. While loadouts do give players more options, certain options are superior situationally and people will tend to choose the best option given the circumstances, leaving the other options almost unused. This means that each map has a lower diversity of gameplay.

Another benefit of not having loadouts is that it forces players to rethink how they are using a certain weapon. When a player does poorly with a particular character, it's easy for them to switch to another character instead. However if there are no loadouts, they must instead rethink their strategy with the set they are already using. This forces players to be more creative in their playstyles and work harder to mitigate their weaknesses.

Sometimes people want their private matches to only have one character (sniper duals, or huggy matches). But this can often be ruined by loadout shenanigans. There should be an ability to disable loadouts for private matches.

I feel that my opinion is likely unpopular in this instance, and admittedly loadouts are less relevant in private matches as people can see the map they will play on and will preemptively pick an ideal set. But I still don't like loadouts particularly for autoplay and I think we should at least have the ability to disable them for private matches.
    OKY was here
  • Oops_killed_yaOops_killed_ya Banned, Trial Moderator, SkyVu Beta Tester, member Posts: 729 Corporal
    I do not want to see the BBO elemental weapons in BBG/R. I feel like that should be exclusively a BBO thing. I do agree that aspects of the elemental weapons, such as passive, gradual reloading, critical hits, and slomo shots should be included in BBG, just not in the rigid structure of the elemental weapons BBO has.

I also second that there should be no probability. I never liked the BBO chest system.
    I'm OKY also known as Oops killed ya. I'm a proud ex-coleader of DL and currently in Storm Eight clan v4. In BBO, I also went by the name of "Greendragon0107".
    Youtube
    Everyplay
    Twitter
    SkyVu Zendesk Support

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Zor was here
  • SpectrumXIVSpectrumXIV Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,034 Noble
    Upon remembering, I honestly think the Radar being a permanent feature should be taken out because yes, it ruins a lot of things that used to be present in BBR like being able to play stealthily and the entire point of Flawless Disguise, but I don't think the Radar itself should be removed entirely.

My idea is that the Radar could instead be implemented into the Sixth-Sense Goggles, upgrading the normally unused special from its current state by a huge margin. Basically, when you use the Goggles, not only does it show all player positions as usual, but the Radar also pops up on-screen. To ensure it isn't useless considering the Goggles normally detect player positions anyway, the Radar stays on-screen a few extra seconds after the normal Goggle effects wear off.

I'm confident that with this change, old players who were so attached to the Radar would, at least in some matches, give up the Jump Boots or Caffeine and finally start using Sixth-Sense Goggles effectively again. After a particular balance change, for the longest time I always thought the Goggles were near-useless, but I feel that incorporating the Radar into the special would help give it the boost it desperately needs.

I disagree with this because making a useless special relevant should not involve getting rid of a feature, but rather modify it so it becomes more useful than radar in certain situations. For example either give radar a downtime where you detect surroundings every 5 seconds or make it unable to detect flawless disguise and other hitbox minimizing abilities such as Mini Me, which would give a reason to use SSG alongside the radar instead of forcing the usage of SSG in order to gain the benefits of radar
    What you learn today will change what you are tomorrow. Put your heart into what you're doing, or you'll spend your life never changing and never moving. -14_SP3CTRUM
    One thing that I've always been against but haven't talked about much in BBG is actually loadouts, and the lack of loadouts is one of the things I prefer about BBU. I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but please hear me out on why I think this way.

The reason I don't like loadouts is because they decrease variety of gameplay and the strategy behind specific characters/weapons. Now I know that most people would argue with me on this and say that loadouts increase variety of gameplay as people can change characters each time they die, and there is some truth to that. However, most people will not use every loadout every game and additionally most people will switch to characters based on the map they are in. Before loadouts, if you were playing Astoria on Huggable Factory, you were stuck playing Astoria. You couldn't switch to a class more suited to the map. As a result we actually saw a greater variety in chatacters, as each map tends to be more suited towards certain playstyles and some characters would not normally get chosen for those maps. Now that we have loadouts, how often do you see Astorias on Huggable Factory? Or Spaceship? Not very often. And it's because people can switch away from her after their first death. While loadouts do give players more options, certain options are superior situationally and people will tend to choose the best option given the circumstances, leaving the other options almost unused. This means that each map has a lower diversity of gameplay.

Another benefit of not having loadouts is that it forces players to rethink how they are using a certain weapon. When a player does poorly with a particular character, it's easy for them to switch to another character instead. However if there are no loadouts, they must instead rethink their strategy with the set they are already using. This forces players to be more creative in their playstyles and work harder to mitigate their weaknesses.

Sometimes people want their private matches to only have one character (sniper duals, or huggy matches). But this can often be ruined by loadout shenanigans. There should be an ability to disable loadouts for private matches.

I feel that my opinion is likely unpopular in this instance, and admittedly loadouts are less relevant in private matches as people can see the map they will play on and will preemptively pick an ideal set. But I still don't like loadouts particularly for autoplay and I think we should at least have the ability to disable them for private matches.

The part with the ability to disable them for private matches makes sense but I would not agree with removing loadouts entirely as many players use the loadouts for different setups on the same character. Personally, I keep a slightly tankier huggy loadout in situations where I find myself against too many hitscans on a large map and being able to have the slight variance to accomodate to map disadvantages is important to maintain equal fighting chance and not pre-decided matches due to map choice. Another thing is when you have a match between two groups of preset teams, it's usually desired to have multiple loadouts in order to be flexible and have different team strategies/playstyles depending on how the game is going.
    What you learn today will change what you are tomorrow. Put your heart into what you're doing, or you'll spend your life never changing and never moving. -14_SP3CTRUM
    SSP_Rism wrote: »
    Earmuffs wrote: »
    @AbsoluteZero

sanchez's whole thing was debuffing with primaries and buffing with secondaries and that was his support, felt like your description made it sound as if he was treading on graham's turf.

wil turned into a regular power class that's all.

Some of Sanchez's abilities just become useless due to how fast paced the game is. You can argue that speed field gives a big increase in speed, but that becomes irrelevant when you move past the field almost instantly and the field has no use after that. The only use I would find with speed field is rushing powerups, but even then hitscans will still be able to fire at you without any real problems. If there's anything that would make his secondaries somewhat contributing to the team, it would be to make it activatable at a distance instead of putting it right over the Sanchez player where he'll just die trying to use it.
    Camouflage (Huggable)
    With the primary features of a huggy being fast and dependent on melee/close range damage, the fact that camouflage reveals the huggy while moving just contradicts the objective of using it. Instead, it should be changed to either making it completely invisible until within a certain range from the enemy, completely invisible but impaired vision/unable to pick up items while using it, or decreased movement speed while using it. This will make it more effective at approaching enemies while maintaining some counterplay.

Sniper Secondaries
    Tomahawk and other similar weapons should have increased AOE and break any lock ons from enemy snipers/demo bombs. Fairie Dust should disable radar detection while in the vicinity of the visual area.

Cloaking
    Should be changed to differentiate from Camouflage more. Works great for snipers at the moment but that's about the only class it has any use for.

Mini Me
    Maybe fix some bugs or make small tunnels accessible for better escaping?
    Have only seen it used either with so fly for bug purposes or used for last resort running away.
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,440 Fabled
    edited November 26
    remove sanchez or make his weapons more distinct cuz he’s just as boring to play as saberi
    oh and dont add chests cuz u know what happen with the new star wars game lol
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • LethalLethal Member Posts: 313 Recruit
    Many people here have stated their hatred against the chest system in BBO, and i agree there. however, i'd like a new chest system that only includes customisables, like in Overwatch. Blizzard really did a good job with that system, and being able to buy lootboxes will also bring in some nice revenue for SkyVu. Especially if you try and make events and event only skins; people will want that Wil Santa skin or B1000 as an elve. Just make sure the prizes within the lootboxes DON'T give a competitive advantage.
    Sombra best OW girl.
  • ChickenwithBBQChickenwithBBQ Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 2,611 Noble
    @AbsoluteZero This may be the first time I've ever disagreed with you on something before! You're actually the reason I don't post much on BBG-related things nowadays, you always say everything I want to say and more articulately too. :)

Loadouts simply help remove the luck factor from the game. Imagine being stuck as one class in the start of a TF2 game: a medic is desperately needed on a team, and you're unable to switch. This would not be so much of a problem based around the "playstyle" classes of B1K, Botch, Saberi, and Sanchez, but in any FPS with class roles, with built-in counters, strengths, and weaknesses, being able to cover your bases in order to better assist your team is critical and adds much-needed flexibility.

Removing loadouts would add much of the luck factor back into the game again and would see a return of meta class diehards who choose only the most balanced classes (Oliver and Riggs) in order to mitigate potential weaknesses.

I'll never forget this one game I had in BBR where I was a speed Heavy against two camping Snipers, one positioned on the top of each Aztec Temple. I remember raging over the fact that I would have never picked this class if I knew what I would be facing ahead of time, and it was the dumb luck of my team abandoning me, class choices on both sides, and a disadvantageous map that completely stopped any chance of victory. It would have been extremely easy to turn the tables if I was able to switch to a long-range, speedy, or stealth set. I wouldn't want to be stuck as a "diverse" Heavy on this map if I was given the choice, and if I knew before the start what map we were playing/who I was going to be up against. Losing these sorts of matches really cheapened the whole experience for me back then. It also led to some difficulties for BBR/G tourneys on the Bearacks, as sometimes one person would end up with the perfect counter/map for their wacky strategy, and things would come down to luck way too often.

Ultimately, the best way to ensure a wider variety of classes used on each different map is to give these characters options through their equipment and give them the ability to carry situational weaponry to mitigate weaknesses. Weapons such as Art of War served this purpose perfectly, and made Sniper a force to be reckoned with on Factory due to her agility. Of course there will always be maps friendly or unfriendly to a specific class, but that's where you have your other loadouts and classes that you've practiced with to back it up, and you still have the ability to win one for the team.

I definitely agree with an option to allow/disallow switching in private games, though, wanted that and other options for years. Whenever I see "Demo Only" or "Huggies" as a lobby name, I always like to make a mental bet on who's going to be the first to switch, lol.

Edit: also, almost GG earlier, kept getting booted so I gave up :P

I'm sure you could post more articulately than me if you wanted :D You are much more knowledgable and experienced than me regarding BBG, I'm confident you could contribute quite a bit more if you felt the need.

I figured most people would disagree with me, and I fully understand the reasoning behind that. I think loadouts should probably stay, but I did feel like addressing my viewpoint (which happens to be unpopular) because it does give a perspective on things we aren't exactly used to seeing. Loadouts (like everything else) do have certain impacts on the game that aren't often addressed. I still feel that the option to remove loadouts from private matches should exist, simply so that people can make public huggable matches worry-free. But it seems like that's the part most people agree with lol.

To be honest though, your point regarding not having loadouts increasing the popularity of soldier is valid and considering my long standing (sometimes irrational) hatred for Soldier that would probably be enough to convince me that loadouts are a good thing.

And I think we all get booted from like 75% of matches lol. I think decreasing the gap between beginning and experienced players would help with that some (like actually giving them the ability to jump, which you have to buy for some reason). It's actually quite an issue when the playerbase is this small because it makes it really hard to find games if you're above level 100. With that being said, an interesting effect of private matches is they actually tend to kill games with low playerbases. Most people will concentrate into private matches, which leaves the auto play function almost unusable. Private matches have several issues that make it even more difficult to find a match when there's few players such as the fact that people can boot you, some games will be canceled, people won't want to play with people of higher level or on certain maps, and every once in a while someone will stay afk in a lobby and it will sit their all day. People will continue to join said lobby even though it will never start and it subtracts the amount of players that can join other games. Another popular idea with which we can take an unusual perspective to find it's downsides. Private matches, while a good feature to have, ultimately do make dying games even more dead. Once we get more players this should stop being an issue.

On an unrelated note, I do not want stats to be recorded and displayed like in BB0 (total kills, games played, games won, ect.). I've always felt that reporting stats like kpg encourages people to quit games to forge their stats and can create a toxic atmosphere where people are worried only about numbers and less about having fun. If we beef up the ranking system so that ranks like Diamond are actually difficult to get, a players rank should be plenty to tell us if they are good or not. We don't need a bunch of stats to do the same.
    OKY was here
  • GRIMREAPER0100GRIMREAPER0100 Member Posts: 349 Recruit
    I may repeat something’s said already just because all the stuff already mentioned but I’ll through some input in, do no add bbo version of chests back, that needs a rework, don’t bring in bbo back pack version, don’t bring heal nade or over clock ability’s without rework, don’t bring back things that promote annoying and unliked play styles, that’s all I got for the moment I’ll keep you posted
    Battle bears youtuber @GRIMREAPER0100
    6cpbmj4jn5jw.jpeg

FISHDO wrote: »
    IMO, the game matching system in BBG is a much slower and less easily customizable system compared to BBO.

As for auto aim: I’m not a fan, however I do think that ‘accuracy’ as it is in BBO is a fairly realistic option. As someone with extensive experience firing actual automatic weapons IRL, I know that it takes experience to truly hold one anywhere near your target. Otherwise you are truly ‘spraying and praying’. Large machine guns are heavy and slow. Sub-Machine guns (SGM) are lighter and inherently incredible inaccurate. They have a shorter range as they are simply beefed up pistols, same bullet. Assault Rifles (AR) are a nice blend. However they still have a lot of scatter to their shots when fired on fully automatic. Instead of auto-aim. How about augment/abilities, whatever we are calling them, that reduce the scatter of shots. This could be represented by a larger target reticle that decreases in size as fire control is implemented. The major drawback to this is it would tend toward targeted kill shots, head/chest vs arm/leg. I would prefer that The franchise not go that far. I think it’s an unnecessary gameplay complication that would add way to many lines of code as well.

I’ve always found that people that complain about the unrealistic nature of the ‘auto-aim’ while fully enjoying the true lunacy of the sniper 360 jump shot, laughable. All characters have bonuses and flaws. It is up the the actual skill of the player to enhance or overcome them.

All of this was said in an effort to point out the fact that we are already accepting a certain level of suspension of belief. Before anyone goes to far in their complaints, please remember, this is a game. It’s NOWHERE near a lifelike war experience. It is supposed to be enjoyable. Take it for what it is.... An incredibly enjoyable emersion experience with amazing open graphics, customizable environment, and engaging storyline. The fact that it is on a mobile platform and for most of you free should be celebrated.

Most weapons dont spray so addinh equipment to make your shots more accurate wouldn't make sense since headshots dont do additional damage
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 428 Recruit
    A chat system like BBO(in global) or c-ops in match wud be nice
  • XxDarknessxXXxDarknessxX Member Posts: 16 Recruit
    this one can be Laggy...but why don't add a new giant map for a new mode....the four team mode :smile: With red,Yed,blue,green and Yellow team,batttles wil getting more interesting! :smiley:
    i don't think saberi need to get removed,Just balance your stupide missiles,3 Hit and An Huggables die,it's simply too overpowered!with courtain shield too!!
    since BBG born,i've wished a gamemode where you can do Teamwork with other players,for example fighting a boss(only an example uh)just add a gamemode with more teamwork :smile:
    edited December 1
    since BBG born,i've wished a gamemode where you can do Teamwork with other players,for example fighting a boss(only an example uh)just add a gamemode with more teamwork :smile:

Adding more gamemodes will simply divert the playerbase into different modes, making it harder to find a game.

We should only consider adding more modes when the playerbase becomes much larger.
    OKY was here

You mean like a co-op story mode? That wud be cool but @AbsoluteZero is right about needing a bigger player base
  • LethalLethal Member Posts: 313 Recruit
    "With that being said, an interesting effect of private matches is they actually tend to kill games with low playerbases. Most people will concentrate into private matches, which leaves the auto play function almost unusable." 100% agreed on this, i think we need a solution for this, to get more people to play using the automatchmaking feature instead of private matches. I've got one suggestion this far:
    - disable rewards and ELO increase/decrease in private match
    This ensures that no one makes a lobby with the intention of getting joules/gas (leaving immediately to get the ad and the gas reward from it), considering you don't get a reward for private matching anymore, and this also fixes possible exploits in rank gain (making a lobby with an alt acc and your main, and then just kill with whatever account wish to rank up.)
    Sombra best OW girl.
  • Hug_of_WarHug_of_War Member Posts: 1,276 Sergeant
    Would it be possible to port BBG to a newer engine?
  • IgolideIgolide Member Posts: 222 Recruit
    edited December 3
    more game mods aren't a bad idea like some say, having how many people are searching for a match on each mode would stop other modes being ignored, they would be played in peak times
    edited December 3
    Igolide wrote: »
    more game mods aren't a bad idea like some say, having how many people are searching for a match on each mode would stop other modes being ignored, they would be played in peak times

But I think before new modes are added, the existing modes need to be fixed. Like king of the windmill

The problem is we don't have a big enough playerbase

The problem is we don't have a big enough playerbase

I mean, if there is balance and good advertising there will be incentive for people to join this community so therefore a larger playerbase, returning players and new players alike
    Lethal wrote: »
    "With that being said, an interesting effect of private matches is they actually tend to kill games with low playerbases. Most people will concentrate into private matches, which leaves the auto play function almost unusable." 100% agreed on this, i think we need a solution for this, to get more people to play using the automatchmaking feature instead of private matches. I've got one suggestion this far:
    This ensures that no one makes a lobby with the intention of getting joules/gas (leaving immediately to get the ad and the gas reward from it), considering you don't get a reward for private matching anymore, and this also fixes possible exploits in rank gain (making a lobby with an alt acc and your main, and then just kill with whatever account wish to rank up.)

People don't play auto match because they want to play in the same team as their friends, hence the "play with friends" button
    If private games were taken down and/or won't give exp or currency rewards then the game will most likely continue to die
    edited December 8

This isn't exactly correct. Having multiple playlist for different players can and sometimes will kill a game. Just look at what happened to Halo 4 among many others. Yes at peak times there will be at least a few players in each gamemode, but people don't always play at peak times. The reality is that you are assuming their is eh llayers to even have a substantial peak time. A the moment I can barely even find a match and people generally only play one gamemode. If people were trying to play four different ones it would be almost impossible for me to find a game.
    armando wrote: »
    Lethal wrote: »

People don't play auto match because they want to play in the same team as their friends, hence the "play with friends" button
    If private games were taken down and/or won't give exp or currency rewards then the game will most likely continue to die

Most private matches are not made to be played with friends. They are usually public lobbies. Decreasing rewards for private matches would decrease the amount of people who attempt to find normal/public matches in autoplay. While I agree that privatematches should exist and have some rewards for the sake of being able yo play with friends and having some customized public games (such as huggy matches), the idea that private matches are used exclusively by people making lobbies for their friends is extremely far from the truth. In fact it seems like when I have played almost all of the games matches have been 'private' matches.

Also, the game was at it's most popular back when it did not even have private matches. I hate to break it to you but many people who play mobile games do so for different reasons. While other types of games are often played solely for entertainment, mobile games are often played just for killing time. People who play battle bears just to kill time will likely not be too concerned about private matches. Private matches don't actually do very much to increase the popularity of the game. However, we cannot get rid of them as many returning players would rightfully realize that the game would be, in at least some respects, a downgrade.

The idea of decreasing rewards for public matches works for me. Another solution is that when creating a private match, hosts could be given the option to allow automatch to feed players into their lobby in a manner similar to BB0. They could neglect it, however, in order to prevent automatch from doing so (to safeguard huggy matches and things of the sort).
    OKY was here
  • candyissweetcandyissweet Member, MVP Posts: 4,404 Exalted
    I haven't played in a long time so I can't remember a lot of the stuff, but I'm happy that BBG is coming back!!! I would suggest starting from the bottom up and not thinking too much about what current fans think so you can attract a new fanbase. I would suggest removing most of the weapons, skins, maps, and other content for the game's initial release so that you have things to release for updates and fans will stay attached with things to wait for. Hope things go well, and I'll try to contribute in any way I can.