BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Battle Bears Gold Revamped - Make Your Suggestions!

InstableGriffInstableGriff Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 1,343 Sergeant
edited November 24 in BB GOLD
Hey guys! So, as I'm sure a good handful of you are aware by now thanks to this recent thread from @SkyVu_Ben, several official comments on the Battle Bears social media pages, and the Battle Bears Discord server, Battle Bears Gold is finally getting a complete revamp! This ginormous overhaul is going to be the result of a new partnership between SkyVu and a publisher that has yet to be announced, and as such, the game is going to be entirely reworked into a fresh experience with tons of new features, several community suggestions possibly becoming a reality, and so much more that we have yet to see!

Because of this news, I've decided to create this thread to have a convenient way to get our suggestions out to SkyVu! As the title implies, you can use this thread to post any suggestions you may have for the revamp! If you think something about BBG should be changed, throw your thoughts here! If you want something new to be added to the game, now's the time to speak up about it! Every piece of feedback counts, and it's highly likely that if your suggestion is good enough, SkyVu may take it into consideration for the revamp, so if you have any kind of thought regarding BBG whatsoever, don't hesitate to let it out on this thread!

I really hope this all means as much to you guys as it does to me. If we want this revamp to become a huge success and bring Battle Bears as a franchise back to its former glory if not higher, we all have to make an effort to work together as a community to ensure that everyone is satisfied with what we end up getting! Any and all contributions can help make a significant difference, so please, if you have something on your mind regarding what should be tweaked or added in this game, no matter how big or small, post it here!

In the end, this could finally mark the turning point for the series we've been desperately hoping for; bring forth your suggestions!
Tagged:

Comments

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,433 Noble
    edited November 22
    I guess I'll kick off my own suggestions by first bringing up something I've already mentioned on the Discord server that was acknowledged, I'm just posting it here too as a reminder and in case other people want to add to it.

Picking up the bomb in Plant the Bomb should be significantly faster. Currently, picking up a bomb disables your controls and leaves you in place for way more time than I would like. Yeah, you're invincible during that period, but that doesn't mean a camping enemy won't be waiting to instantly take you out once you regain control; it's frustrating for pretty much everyone.

Adding on that, I think plant the bomb and king of the windmill should have much higher joule rewards in order to encourage people to play them. Having a gamemode with higher rewards would give newer players a better chance to obtain essential weapons in order to become competitive. As an added bonus, since these gamemodes are more team oriented, the new players should have a softer introduction to the game as their team may be able to do the heavy lifting. We may need to promote awareness of these changes within the game, however, so that people actually know about them.

Another thing that's been bugging me, why have gas deplete as people play more games? Nobody buys gas so that they can play more games, it almost never happens. There's too many expensive gas items for it to be worth it. All it does is slow down players progression and discourage people from playing more than a certain amount of matches. In my opinion, gas should be changed to function only as currency and players should always be able to get joules and experience from matches regardless of how many they have played.

A neat feature we could add would be customizable music for the game, with a system similar to that employed in the latest super smash bros game (where each map has multiple possible songs, and you can change how often each one will play). The good thing about this is making new songs is not necessary, we already have more than enough from other games. For example, for the main menu, players should be able to pick from the classic bbr menu theme, the new bbg menu theme, the original BBU menu theme, and the tutorial theme. I don't think the jungle theme from BBF (the current BB0 menu theme) would fit BBG's menu. I also think that having some songs play at the end of every match would be a nice touch, for example, players could choose between the normal themes or 'I'm a battle bear' at the end of every match. Something like that.

We should consider dropping the name 'Battle Bears Gold' and bring back the older Silver Icon. We shouldn't rename it Royale, as it isn't Royale and never will be. But bringing back the old silver icon and just naming it 'Battle Bears' or something would help old players feel at home in the game, even though it's more similar to bbg. Having the original loading screen could also help with this, and being able to select old soundtrack would help as well.

I am primarily a BB0 player, and while I preferred it to BBG, BBG is still a great game with plenty to work with. But there are some things that BB0 did a little better. Most notably, the chat. The chat feature really helps incorporate new players into the community and makes the game seem much more active and promotes a vibrant community. It would be wise to add it into BBG. The ability to select between 4-6 minutes in a private match was nice as well, and I can't really think of a reason not to include that in BBG (on a similar note, something Griff and Wilpower have suggested that sounds great is the ability to disable power ups in private matches). A clan feature is also a must have for BBG, and a friend-list such as the one from BBF would be a great addition as well. BB0s weapons did not have bars describing their traits, but instead numbers. The bars used to describe the stats of weapons and characters are archaic and not very informative. Just simply putting the weapons actual stats would be much more useful.

Something that's been really bothering me is the lack of word wrap in weapon and skin descriptions. Often times only half of the description will even be visible. This really hurts the game more than it would seem because a lot of clever descriptions that give the game personality are not even readable. They also give the game an unpolished look that doesn't do it any favors.

I really think promode should be free. Radar is generally pretty unpopular, and to an extent I'm inclined to think we should just remove it and refund everyone who has it 60 gas. I feel that it doesn't really contribute and/or fit into the game and its kinda lame. A lot of people seem to agree with me if my perception is correct. Jump mode is so essential to gameplay anymore it really should be a fundamental feature everyone can use. I can't remember the last time I played another shooter where I had to buy the ability to jump. It also puts new players at a severe disadvantage for no real reason.

The ads at the end of each match I can tolerate, as I know we need revenue. But the fact that after every video it pulls the app up in the appstore within BBG is infuriating. If we could bring back the old ads where it was just the video that would be nice (but if we can't due to revenue reasons, I understand). We should also be able to pay to make the game ad free imo.

As far as controls go, we should fix the issues with double tap. I would much rather play with double tap because I wouldn't need an attack button and because it's the old school controls. But it's currently too jank to really be usable. The ability to bring back the old control aesthetic (where instead of having a round weapon button, a picture of the weapon or ability would be there instead) would also be nice for us old players.

The only note I'll have for balancing in this thread will be here. I feel that powerups are increasingly becoming a problem. As the games pace increases, powerup hoarding is becoming increasingly easy and powerful. I think that powerups and overheal may need a nerf and/or that some maps should be resized in order to counter this (aka Spaceship). Bearscream Sandwhich could do with doubling damage instead of tripling it, and an overheal cap of 50% doesn't sound unreasonable either.

Pretty much this entire post refers to just general gameplay, features, or format because I don't feel that I can adequately contribute on balancing or more specific features. But I do think that there are a lot of ways to improve even outside of those things, as I have explained in this post.
    OKY was here
  • armandoarmando Member Posts: 13 Recruit
    edited November 22
    -Being able to disable/ban certain equipment and classes from a lobby
    -Banning a player from repeatedly joining the lobby
    -Nerf Caffeine
    -Fix wallshooting
    -Fix the many mini-me/supersize me + flawless disguise glitches used to get into places of the map others arent allowed to
    -Possibly remove the overhealing from the mega healths
    -Add higher ranks because diamond is easily achieved but make the higher ranks have incentives (maybe a 1M rank? hehe)
    -A way to transfer joules into gas (any amount would be fine doesn't have to be a ridiculous amount)
    -Some new special equipment
    -Teleport (medium-long recharge but if you can aim to where you want to go to get to campers, nowhere outside the map of course)
    -A tool that can disable radars &/or other specials for a short period of time
    - Clan System
    - Chat System
    - Weekly/Monthly Bundle Deals
    - Fix the Lobby player count glitch
  • EarmuffsEarmuffs Member, MVP, Trial Moderator Posts: 2,156 War Hero
    edited November 22
    A lot of my issues lie with the powerups. Triple damage lasts way too long, and it triples where it used to double. It should go back to doubling damage, and it shouldn't last as long as it currently does.

Another issue I have is with the health pickups. Small health packs can't overheal, but they can still be used up by a player at full health. That could potentially end up getting an injured teammate killed, so I don't think it should stay. Additionally, overhealing should go. It's extremely powerful, and once again, it takes away healing opportunities for low-health teammates. In a game where the time to kill is so quick, and where there aren't any healer classes, it's important that health pickups be available as often and as fair as possible.

There's a noticeable gap in quality between the older and newer skins. This is most notable with Wil, who looks like a puppet in his older skins, while seeming much more alive in the new ones. It would be awesome to see the older skins brought up to par.

Last, there need to either be:
    1) More game modes
    2) More incentives to play the other game modes.
    People only play team deathmatch; it'd be nice to find matches in other game modes.
    giphy.gif giphy.gif

• -Vendetta--Vendetta- Member Posts: 2 Recruit
    New ranks? Get gas on battles or other ways to get gas instead of daily rewards and apps downloads? new pro modes? new medic bear? Graham is pretty useless? no wall shoot? chat?
    Sidenote, what ever happened to Wil's "turning the tides" thing? It was a really cool concept that seemed to have just faded off.
    giphy.gif giphy.gif

• -Vendetta--Vendetta- Member Posts: 2 Recruit
    edited November 25
    also new team color
  • BwearpoeBwearpoe Member Posts: 172 Recruit
    make pain field a throwable
  • NooseOnTheLooseNooseOnTheLoose Member Posts: 572 Corporal
    edited November 25
    upgrade the models to high resolution

i have nothing else
    latest?cb=20151223065501

• InstableGriffInstableGriff Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 1,343 Sergeant
    edited November 25
    Have taunting be assigned to a new button separate from "Woo-Hoo", let us unequip a taunt, and remove the cooldown from the other team communication buttons.
    edited November 25
    Is there a cleanse ability or any way to defend against poison weapons other than not getting hit? Poison goes through iron curtain and tesla shield. Maybe buff one of those two to also defend against poison?

Also more loadout slots would be awesome!
    giphy.gif giphy.gif

• Soo__heySoo__hey Member Posts: 333 Underlord 2016
    Beta Testing

Monthly Balance Updates

Clan System

Chat

New Ranks

More ways to use Joules

Everyplay
    SSS
    Maybe a three way team deathmatch? As in Team blue vs Team red vs Team yellow
  • NooseOnTheLooseNooseOnTheLoose Member Posts: 572 Corporal
    edited November 25
    keep fidget boomer, oh and less importantly give steam yard blues a revamp for it to be more tolerated by the community.
    latest?cb=20151223065501

• NYCONYCO Member Posts: 1,062 Sergeant
    edited November 27
    Oh boy! Time to write something terrible.

Oh hi, I love sharing time and this is what I'm sharing!

Content
    Color weapons: I loved to decorate my guns from BBU. Bring them back if possible as I think people really like the Cosmetic part of Battle Bears.

Fashionable hats and cosmetics: Sounds like Tf2 but cosmetic items bring life to your personality in game and I'm pretty sure players like doing that. That was a feature i loved from BBO (though keep the armour bonuses away)

Chat: In game chat brings people together. The chat feature from BBO was good and I think it's needed if one were to keep Battle Bears alive.

Clans (or some better name): Makes people come much much closer and it'll be a nice feature for those who like plying in groups. Should include customization clan banner and leader boards for some fierce currency competition. Though the name Clan is overused in many mobile games.... could use a more unique and creative name.

More simple weapons: BBG is a wacky game but I think some people prefer the more basic and reliable weapons that are familiar.

Old BBO maps: if any of the BBO maps are gonna return, make sure they are the BBU edition for many believe they are far superior

"More custom" custom matches.
    The option to turn off specific power ups is a neat idea. Useful for those who want to duke it out without random BS from power ups.

Rework
    Objective game modes: Wish PTB and KOTWM was much more popular for it encourages teamwork. Needs a rework that can somehow be just as fun as DM and FFA.

Maps like skate or die and steam yard blues
    Skate or Die is way too open and steam yard blue is too cramped... might need a makeover.

Abilities:
    Bear Scream Sandwich is very powerful and need some Nerf
    Shields can be real annoying as one with shields cant be stopped in some ways. Could use some changes.
    Imperial Grande can make beefy characters way too beefy. Need some tweaking... like overheal drain.

Terminate
    Radar: It ruins ones experience for it is locked in a paywall and it ruins some strategy's from game for is didn't allow people to flank and create escape tactics.

Level locks: everyone should have access to whatever they want (if they have the currency of course)

Equipment: Equipment strengthens a character and weapon. This concerns me for it can make either of those OP as it has the power to patch up a downside. Also some weapons can only become reliable if they had a certain equipment. I believe that all weapons and characters should go under a huge balancing makeover.

Bugs: Obvious... but a buggy game make players go away for many of he gamers hate the insects from the outside lands!

This is Personal...

Classic BBZ rifle: Many of Oliver's primaries are automatic, but playing with a single but accurate shot rifle is a concept I think is really fun.

Mobster Oliver: Hi... this game doesn't have anything regarding to the good ol' America... when drinking was illegal... and a lot of bad things happened.

Thompson Machine gun for Oliver: Hi.... something to go with the skin above.

Hit man Astoria and Power Ranger Sanchez: They were a splash screen at one point... they need to become a reality

More revolvers: This game lacks some 6 shooters (yes Big Irons a thing but... it's not even a hand gun)...lol.

Done... hope I didn't waste anyones time.
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
  • Ragde875Ragde875 Member Posts: 10 Recruit
    edited November 25
    Adding missions like there were in BBO seems like a good idea, it would get people to play different classes and gamemodes, and there could be set to have more PTB or KOTWM missions to encourage people to play those gamemodes.
    Starting to get back into playing BBG.
    If anyone's willing to help me improve, tell me, because I SUCK at BBG.

NYCO wrote: »
    Classic BBZ rifle: Many of Oliver's primaries are automatic, but playing with a single but accurate shot rifle is a concept I think is really fun.
    This. Oliver's classic Rifle from BBZ has not been seen almost anywhere since its debut, and I think, especially with the BBZ update, that now is the perfect time for Oliver to finally dust it off and make use of it on the BBG battlefield.

It was actually fully automatic though to be clear. Just shot kinda slow (like the needle rifle from Halo Reach).
    OKY was here
    I think we need to get rid of the joule drops when you kill an enemy. They distract from general gameplay and are kind of a pain to collect. I think all of the joules should be rewarded instantly and joule drops should be discarded.

As far as Plant the Bomb goes, I think the slowing effect when grabbing a bomb shouldn't be completely removed. Instead I think it should differ depending on the class:

Grabs the bomb instantly: Heavy, Chub Scout, B-1000
    Grabs the bomb 2/3 faster: Tillman, Graham
    Grabs the bomb 1/3 faster: Oliver, Botch, Astoria, Saberi, Sanchez
    Grabs the bomb at current rate: Huggable

This would help balance faster and slower classes in PtB, because huggable is almost undeniably the best class for PtB. With these changes, fast classes would still be the best for moving the bomb long distances, but slower, bulkier classes would be better suited to moving the bomb short distances towards the pipe. Huggable would still be a better class overall (as you would still be invincible during the grabbing animation) but classes like Heavy and B-1000 would be slightly more effective at moving the bomb.

As far as Joule rewards go, I think the following should be changed. Planting the Bomb should give the player more joules and exp, and every other player on the team should get 20% of the joules and exp for every bomb planted by a teammate. This would encourage teams to work together and help plant the bomb as everyone would be directly rewarded (although the person who actually planted the bomb would still get the most benefit). From the defensive side of things, an enemy holding the bomb should give 50% more joules and experience when killed, and every member of the team should get joules and exp when the enemies bomb explodes. Giving joule rewards for preventing the enemy from planting the bomb would encourage defensive play as well, as I feel that if we made just bomb planting give bonus joules people would play only offensively and neglect defending their own base. The extra rewards would help make PtB more popular (it's already well liked, just people don't play it for some reason).

For King of the Windmill, I don't think it will ever be as well liked as PtB. But we can work to improve it some. I think the objectives should be significantly larger, as right now it is a bit difficult to hold the windmill against enemies with AoE weapons as they can flood the area with explosions. A bigger radius will help prevent this. There should also be a joule/exp reward for being within the windmills radius when a point is earned to give more incentive towards the objective.

On another note, I would like Olivers old melee animations back. The new ones are awkward and there wasn't really a reason to replace the old animations in the first place (as far as I know).
    OKY was here
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,440 Fabled
    make more sniping gun I want one shot all the smelly noobs with expired socks
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,043 Underlord 2016
    On another note, I would like Olivers old melee animations back. The new ones are awkward and there wasn't really a reason to replace the old animations in the first place (as far as I know).

the current ones are like a sneeze then a swing instead of the old smooth animations we had before. it was also really fun to just swing kumakiri when you saw no one to shoot and are hanging around not doing too much.
    SSS
  • Oops_killed_yaOops_killed_ya Banned, Trial Moderator, SkyVu Beta Tester, member Posts: 729 Corporal
    edited December 2
    I'm stealing this one from @SSP_Rism that he mentioned in the voice session with Ben Vu. In order to help out the newbies, all +1 equipment should be unlocked in order to prevent them from being extremely easy targets for those who have equipment.

I would also suggest the Jump Pro mode to be automatically unlocked for newbies as well, with the Radar Pro Mode still retaining its original price.

Have a way of watching ads for joules, in addition to the current system for gas.

As the forumers mentioned above, a clan system similar to BBO is a must.

Maybe have an in-app mail messaging system to contact a player when they are not online.

A more dynamic and rewarding calendar login bonus. This time, the player must login within a week to keep his/her progress in the calendar. This in turn creates opportunity for more rewards near the end of the monthly calendar bonus.

Having some mechanic like the taxis in the old Neo Omaha map would be something that could fit well into BBG.

Rank has lost meaning in BBG. Scale the ranks in percentiles so that only the top 25% of players can get diamond rank, etc. I would NOT add more ranks to the existing ones. I'm not sure what exactly to do with levels since they are mostly pointless in my opinion.

Edit: Please add a training/trial mode where you can test out weapons on an invincible huggable as well as edit your button configuration.
    I'm OKY also known as Oops killed ya. I'm a proud ex-coleader of DL and currently in Storm Eight clan v4. In BBO, I also went by the name of "Greendragon0107".
    Youtube
    Everyplay
    Twitter
    SkyVu Zendesk Support

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Zor was here
  • MavockinMavockin Member Posts: 800 Corporal
    armando wrote: »
    Maybe a three way team deathmatch? As in Team blue vs Team red vs Team yellow

Yeah, threesomes would be cool
    44WqQzi.jpg
  • IgolideIgolide Member Posts: 222 Recruit
    edited November 26
    Some of the BBO music in BBG would be nice.
  • LilyBLilyB Member Posts: 143 Recruit
    I would love if you could pick up the bomb and carry it on your back while you shoot other players that try to take it away. It’s more of a competitive type of gameplay I would like in plant the bomb. I also really want the ranks to change in battle bears even though rank doesn’t determine anything but having a different rank than others is something I just like.
    edited November 26
    As SSPRism mentioned, a lot of classes have weapons that really don't fit them, gameplay-wise. To add on to that, a lot of classes have weapons in the wrong place (primaries that should be secondaries or vice versa). Here's my compiled list of weapons in the wrong class/place. PS, not gonna bother with Combat Tech since she's leaving.
    Soldier
    • O.C.O. gauntlet: A weaker version of this weapon should become a secondary. It really doesn't fit his style, as it's the only non-hitscan/ROF primary, and its area denial capabilities are really more suited for a secondary in the same vein as TNT launcher.
    • Solar Wind Scar: Thematically, it fits, but the radiation thing kind of makes it step on Graham's toes a little. Maybe just get rid of the radiation. I get why it's there with the whole sun theme, but gameplay wise, it really doesn't fit.

Heavy
    • Big Iron: Not only is this weapon not fitting whatsoever (all of his other primaries are either miniguns or "beams [zombie gun, bounce lazer, field medic])," but it's also not used by anyone because of how bad it is. Might even warrant removal.
    • Flamethrower: Wasn't this gonna be a Wil weapon (IIRC there was some artwork of Wil with a flamethrower before his release)? It would fit him a lot better, especially with the food theme. Wil is in desperate need of some decent secondaries anyways.
    • Mother of Nature: I honestly don't know how to feel about this weapon. Riggs' secondaries don't appear to have a theme, but even then, a poison weapon feels out of place (so far only Botch had poison). But I understand that it's a very popular weapon, so it can stay, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind if it got axed.

Huggable
    • Charged Run: The only secondary of his that deals direct damage. Maybe it should be a primary? There would be slight overlap with So Fly, but he can't use a primary directly after a secondary/vise versa anyways, so not like they don't kind of overlap already. Plus, this one covers more distance more quickly, but it doesn't give him any vertical mobility, so the difference in usage is still there.

Demo
    • All is right, here. Nice work, SkyVu.

Sniper
    • Blowdarts: A significantly weaker version of this would work as a secondary, covering her backline while she snipes similarly to her rake or daydreamer.
    • Fidget Boomer: Why does Astoria have a TNT Launcher? Lol maybe this could work for Wil or something.

Chub Scout
    • He doesn't seem to have much of a theme (except for the aesthetic theme of childishness with food and bubbles) anymore. Maybe just bring back his turning the tides thing by applying the "more damage based on team score/KD ratio" to all of his weapons and modifying their stats accordingly.

Engineer
    • Hand Cannon: Doesn't fit the radiation theme, nor does it fit the area denial theme (rivet gun, radiation rod, bind field, gernobyl, kind of buzzsaw). For similar reasons, power glove may not be needed either. Neither of these weapons would mesh particularly with another class either. They can go IMO.

Assassin
    • Energy Bombs: Basically another NOVA, but with better range/AOE, explosives, and more ammo. Don't see the point of it, at least not as a primary.

Assault
    • Like with Demo, everything here seems to be fine.

Arbiter
    • Greased Lightning: SSP Rism put it best: his primaries debuff opponents (Glue Bomb, Spin Baby Spin, Parachute), while his secondaries set fields that buff him/allies (and possibly enemies). So him having a high damage/range hitscan weapon makes no sense. It also wouldn't particularly fit another class, as it's basically HASR with better ROF (assuming the wiki has accurate stats).
    • Carpet Bomb: Again, doesn't place any sort of field, nor does it buff him or his team. Doesn't really fit, at least not the way it is now. Weakening or even removing the explosives but adding a secondary effect could work.

Of course, I don't know everything about every class, so it's very probable that a lot of people would disagree. I'd love to see others' suggestions on this actually; every class filling a specific role is something I really wanna see perfected in BBG/R.
    giphy.gif giphy.gif

Earmuffs wrote: »
    As SSPRism mentioned, a lot of classes have weapons that really don't fit them, gameplay-wise. To add on to that, a lot of classes have weapons in the wrong place (primaries that should be secondaries or vice versa). Here's my compiled list of weapons in the wrong class/place. PS, not gonna bother with Combat Tech since she's leaving.
    Soldier
    • O.C.O. gauntlet: A weaker version of this weapon should become a secondary. It really doesn't fit his style, as it's the only non-hitscan/ROF primary, and its area denial capabilities are really more suited for a secondary in the same vein as TNT launcher.
    • Solar Wind Scar: Thematically, it fits, but the radiation thing kind of makes it step on Graham's toes a little. Maybe just get rid of the radiation. I get why it's there with the whole sun theme, but gameplay wise, it really doesn't fit.

Heavy
    • Big Iron: Not only is this weapon not fitting whatsoever (all of his other primaries are either miniguns or "beams [zombie gun, bounce lazer, field medic])," but it's also not used by anyone because of how bad it is. Might even warrant removal.
    • Flamethrower: Wasn't this gonna be a Wil weapon (IIRC there was some artwork of Wil with a flamethrower before his release)? It would fit him a lot better, especially with the food theme. Wil is in desperate need of some decent secondaries anyways.
    • Mother of Nature: I honestly don't know how to feel about this weapon. Riggs' secondaries don't appear to have a theme, but even then, a poison weapon feels out of place (so far only Botch had poison). But I understand that it's a very popular weapon, so it can stay, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind if it got axed.

Huggable
    • Charged Run: The only secondary of his that deals direct damage. Maybe it should be a primary? There would be slight overlap with So Fly, but he can't use a primary directly after a secondary/vise versa anyways, so not like they don't kind of overlap already. Plus, this one covers more distance more quickly, but it doesn't give him any vertical mobility, so the difference in usage is still there.

Demo

Sniper
    • Blowdarts: A significantly weaker version of this would work as a secondary, covering her backline while she snipes similarly to her rake or daydreamer.
    • Fidget Boomer: Why does Astoria have a TNT Launcher? Lol maybe this could work for Wil or something.

Chub Scout
    • He doesn't seem to have much of a theme (except for the aesthetic theme of childishness with food and bubbles) anymore. Maybe just bring back his turning the tides thing by applying the "more damage based on team score/KD ratio" to all of his weapons and modifying their stats accordingly.

Engineer
    • Hand Cannon: Doesn't fit the radiation theme, nor does it fit the area denial theme (rivet gun, radiation rod, bind field, gernobyl, kind of buzzsaw). For similar reasons, power glove may not be needed either. Neither of these weapons would mesh particularly with another class either. They can go IMO.

Assassin
    • Energy Bombs: Basically another NOVA, but with better range/AOE, explosives, and more ammo. Don't see the point of it, at least not as a primary.

Assault

Arbiter
    • Greased Lightning: SSP Rism put it best: his primaries debuff opponents (Glue Bomb, Spin Baby Spin, Parachute), while his secondaries set fields that buff him/allies (and possibly enemies). So him having a high damage/range hitscan weapon makes no sense. It also wouldn't particularly fit another class, as it's basically HASR with better ROF (assuming the wiki has accurate stats).
    • Carpet Bomb: Again, doesn't place any sort of field, nor does it buff him or his team. Doesn't really fit, at least not the way it is now. Weakening or even removing the explosives but adding a secondary effect could work.

Of course, I don't know everything about every class, so it's very probable that a lot of people would disagree. I'd love to see others' suggestions on this actually; every class filling a specific role is something I really wanna see perfected in BBG/R.

I agree with that list for the most part. I don't really like blow dart at all for Sniper though and think It might best fit another class or should be reworked. I don't have any problems with charged run at the moment, but I can see why you might. Mother of Nature should stay with Riggs imo. I don't have an issue with classes having poison/radiation effects if it works well for them. I don't think Graham has or should have a monopoly on radiation weapons and Botch on poison (if anything, MoN predates Botch signifcantly). The issue for me is that radiation doesn't have good synergy with Olivers primaries and Solar Wind Scar should be reworked as a result (I like the idea of classes like Tillman having radiation effects, but not Soldier or Heavy). Poison actually has good synergy with Riggs cause it helps him trap and damage fleeing opponents that would take advantage of his slow speed.

Other than that I pretty much agree with the list entirely.

On an unrelated note, we can't cut too much content. Cutting bad content can help some, but ultimately cutting content isn't really going to bring back a playerbase. I'm ok with cutting Saberi, Steamyard Blues, and a few weapons for now but not much more. Anything we cut we can rework and bring back later. I don't think Toxic Terror is a particularly good map but it isn't bad enough to warrant a cut imo. We should leave it for now and maybe rework it at some point.
    OKY was here
  • XxDarknessxXXxDarknessxX Member Posts: 16 Recruit
    i think that,BBG don't have any type of teamWork...so what do you think if you can see your teammate health?adding More gadget that reducea teammate received damage and a healing station to heal your friends?and Maybe some weapons that can help assist teammate?
    p.s. i'm tired of the same splash img at BBG Starts...Change it Please :')
    Soldier

Heavy

Huggable

Demo

Sniper

Chub Scout

Engineer

Assassin

Assault

Arbiter

I agree with that list for the most part. I don't really like blow dart at all for Sniper though and think It might best fit another class or should be reworked. I don't have any problems with charged run at the moment, but I can see why you might. Mother of Nature should stay with Riggs imo. I don't have an issue with classes having poison/radiation effects if it works well for them. I don't think Graham has or should have a monopoly on radiation weapons and Botch on poison (if anything, MoN predates Botch signifcantly). The issue for me is that radiation doesn't have good synergy with Olivers primaries and Solar Wind Scar should be reworked as a result (I like the idea of classes like Tillman having radiation effects, but not Soldier or Heavy). Poison actually has good synergy with Riggs cause it helps him trap and damage fleeing opponents that would take advantage of his slow speed.

On an unrelated note, we can't cut too much content. Cutting bad content can help some, but ultimately cutting content isn't really going to bring back a playerbase. I'm ok with cutting Saberi, Steamyard Blues, and a few weapons for now but not much more. Anything we cut we can rework and bring back later. I don't think Toxic Terror is a particularly good map but it isn't bad enough to warrant a cut imo. We should leave it for now and maybe rework it at some point.
    Soldier

Heavy

Huggable

Demo

Sniper

Chub Scout

Engineer

Assassin

Assault

Arbiter

I suggest that only saberi, steamyard blues and fidget boomer should be axed like you said removing too much would be a bad thing it should be for the absolute worst of the worst that cannot be fixed or fixed without a ridiculous amount of time. Everything else can be changed to another class or reworked in some way e.g. flamethrower could go on oliver or wil and greased lightning could be a more well rounded weapon and given a debuff on hit.
    SSS
  • GRIMREAPER0100GRIMREAPER0100 Member Posts: 349 Recruit
    Ok I may edit this and keep adding but I’ll work something up. Ok so number one, possibility of fixing hit detection, doing so will allow the weapons which have bad hit detection to see more light, 2, cousin lobby’s, meaning remove power ups or health or add things,3, balancing, 4, more modes something new and fun like hide n seek or something different but is fun to play, 5, new maps, 6, more load outs for higher level players, 7, maybe a new ability? 8, daily challenges, 9, mail system to send messages or to challenge players to 1v1 or join in a battle and report for bad messages, 10, abilty/ weapon skins something to spice it up collect rare skins for items or beating challenges, 10.5 (gold skin for me and old timers) 11, from new mode, survival mode hug zombies attack in waves make your version of bbg survival, 12, more merchandise in shop to buy :) , 13, new characters, 14, lobby chat system, not global chat that’s to much and bad but able to chat in waiting lobby or mail, seasonal updates with limited addition items, vote for maps before a game, more daily log in rewards, also big one, keep old glitch’s that don’t change the game in such as skin glitch, MOST out of map spots for hug and any others that don’t break the game. I will have more but this is what I got for now
    Battle bears youtuber @GRIMREAPER0100
    6cpbmj4jn5jw.jpeg

^Having five loadouts instead of three would be nice
    It should be written underneath the game mode how many players are playing waiting for that one, rather than how many players are matchmaking h overall.

Some maps should only be available for certain game modes, free for all dosent work that well on small maps.

1v1s and 2v2s could be make into separate game modes, for quick matches. The matchmaking for these should only select from small maps, but those who want 1v1s and 2v2s on larger maps could still do it in lobbies.
    Also 5v5 game modes could be made and select from larger maps like the castle one, that still feel empty with 8 players.
    Also BBG loading img could be changed to sum fan art, possibly it could alternate between more than one.

Ben could work with Assasins Ace or somebody to design some art specifically for the Game
  • Hug_of_WarHug_of_War Member Posts: 1,276 Sergeant
    Good riddance steam yard blues, the only map I genuinely refuse to play.
  • Nukee_Nukee_ Member Posts: 119 Recruit
    What do you guys think of a Battle Royale game mode, and a gun game?
    I feel not enough people are using Graham and to say the least, he's kinda weak. Does anyone have any specific changes or comments for this?
    Hug_of_War wrote: »
    I feel not enough people are using Graham and to say the least, he's kinda weak. Does anyone have any specific changes or comments for this?

A lot of his weapons require ammo and because speed equips are always necessary he is very restricted. Graham is support so he shouldn’t be killing everything anyway but i think he is one of the strongest characters right now because of turrets and gernobyl so there’s that until balance changes.
    SSS
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 428 Recruit
    edited December 3
    Nukee_ wrote: »
    What do you guys think of a Battle Royale game mode, and a gun game?

Br is basically FFA, GG wudnt work with different classes, for example try killing a sniper Riggs. Gods riggs with AOW sounds scary now
    SSP_Rism wrote: »

A lot of his weapons require ammo and because speed equips are always necessary he is very restricted. Graham is support so he shouldn’t be killing everything anyway but i think he is one of the strongest characters right now because of turrets and gernobyl so there’s that until balance changes.

I agree with what you said but also this is a class based shooter so shouldn't all the weapons be balanced for use? People shouldn't have to restrict themselves to gernobyl to play well in my opinion.
    SSP_Rism wrote: »

I agree with what you said but also this is a class based shooter so shouldn't all the weapons be balanced for use? People shouldn't have to restrict themselves to gernobyl to play well in my opinion.

Obviously but balance will come in the revamp, don’t worry.
    SSS
  • Skyvubotch3Skyvubotch3 Member Posts: 126 Recruit
    Don’t mess everything up or change how the characters look keep them BBG/BBR style
    ooookay,i'm testing weapons...i've found the following Errors/Nonsense,Fear Orbits is too weak,it's hard to enter in contact with enemy...so add a little area affected,Fear orbits doesn't recharge correctly?they paralise themselves during reload,energy bombs are bugged in other players visual,,they don't see energy bombs green...but brown and confused,senor potato's range is too short and strange,it's so hard to use...Gernobyl is absolutely dangerous,for yourself too!!Mamba boy doesn't shoot as annunced in the weapon description,just bring back the old mamba boy,combat tech damage-maxed Plasma rifle do a very similiar damage of lightning bolt damage-maxed,with the "little" diffefence of ammo,fire rate and saberi's second weapon...assault don't have lot of weapon...and secondary except for energy barrier are just usueless!pain field of botch is too usueless too...just do it bigger!same thing for smoke screen and fairy dust :smiley: Poptart shuriken's are bugged...sometimes they stick in certain areas and spin,spin,spin!!when you touch it you simply die,sometimes chubby scout use 2 arms to bring pop tart shurikens,for some strange reason with 1 ammp you throw 2 shurikens,and sometimes these doesn't do AoE Damage!Batterito and Killdoba aren't used by players...too weak and short range...just make it bigger!!In some arenas,there are secret points where explosive weapons does 3×/5× Of original damage!for example the center columns of space oddity and the platforms where you spawn.Botch Superhero skin,Green Justice,in team battles doesn't appear...it apper in other parts of the "Killing screen",for now that's all :blush: