BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Overclock Weapons/Abilities in BBG

AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,433 Noble
I've been thinking about what from BB0 could be added into BBG, and this thread is where I'm going to dump my thoughts on the subject. It should be noted that not everything can exist in bbg in the same fashion that it did in BB0 and still fit into the different game.

Anyways lets get started.
weapons

Standard Weapons- I've been convinced that the best way to incorporate the main weapons of BB0 is just to add the standard variant of each class. They should only be given to the original characters (they wouldn't really fit with the new characters added in BBG anyways). Standard Assault Rifle should go to Oliver and Riggs, Standard Minigun to Riggs, SMG to Wil and Oliver, Shotgun to Wil and Graham, Standard Sniper to Astoria, Standard Rocket Launcher to Tillman, and pistol as a primary for Graham and Astoria. Obviously Smg for Will wouldn't really fit the character but having one weapon with a different playstyle wouldn't hurt the overall character too much imo. I think standard pistol would best be added as a primary, as it wouldn't suit most characters as a secondary (Tilman, Astoria, and Graham all have specialized secondaries, and Riggs and Oliver are getting enough weapons as is). Standard Pistol would have to be stronger as a primary than it was in BB0.

Including these weapons is kind of difficult, but i feel that making all of them available for all of the bb0 characters wouldn't work very well as some of them clearly do not fit some characters playstyles (such as shotgun for Astoria). Instead I think each of the characters should get two, with the exception of Tillman just getting the rocket launcher.

Daisy Cutter- Definitley a must include as well. Tillman always seems to be short on weapons and a rocket launcher with auto aim could help diversify his selection. I think it should lock on to enemies similary to his rocket secondaries, and serve as a sort of combination of a primary and one of his secondaries. If fired without being locked on, It should just be a straight moving, large, slow projectile.

Something I'm thinking about for this one is maybe allowing it to have a special effect depending on what secondary you have equipped with it. Fireworks could boost its lock on and reload speed, happy hour could increase the damage, peacemaker could boost its AoE, Phat Man could give it a radioactive effect, Let it Cold could give it a slowing effect, and RPl could boost projectile speed. Kind of a trivial idea I know but I'd like to see more unique weapons in the game. I think Daisy Cutter should feel similar to its original form but it could have a bit of a twist as a primary that feels somewhat like a mix with the secondary that is being used.

Harpoon-Should definitley be added as it was always well liked in Overclock. Unfortunately I have no clue how to go about incorporating this weapon for the time being, but I do think it Should go to Oliver.

Dragon Slayzer- I really would like to add this to BBG, but I actually want this weapon to go to Astoria. I think its combination of long range, high damage, small AoE, relatively fast projectile speed, and Small Magazine would actually make this fit Astoria as a sort of explosive precision weapon.

If we feel the need to give this weapon a new touch, Dragon Slayzer could also be used as a melee in place of Astorias melee weapon. Astorias normal melee weapon would be used if the Dragon Slayzer is out of ammo. But if it has ammo it could be a powerful, large hitbox melee weapon giving Astoria unpredented prowess in close quarters. To make up for this, the weapon should have a very small AoE (maybe even smaller than golden members) and a combination of two ammo and a slightly long reload time. These combinations would make it a high skill but very dangerous weapon.

Ant Blaster- Wils only unique in BB0, and it never got enough love within the game. But we now have an oppurtunity to fix that. This should definitley go to Will. It's such an odd weapon that incorporating it would be quite difficult. However, we do know that Chub Scout is supposed to be able to turn the tides of battle which can help us in determining what this weapon should do in BB0. A possible way that Ant blaster could work is to have a low base damage, but its damage increases the longer it's beam is held on a particular enemy. The rate of increase is more or less depending on which team is winning and by how much (similar to balance beam), and its rate of damage increase should be much higher against enemies that are overhealed or have powerups. Ant blaster would be a high skill cap weapon that rewards great focus and aim with high damage and serves as a counter to powerups to help balance the odds for your team. It, like its BB0 counterpart and the original Zombee gun, would have a huge amount of ammo and an average reload with limited range. I also think it will help deal with spawn kill strategies that rely on powerup hoarding.

Big Spender- The problem with this weapon is that it isn't particularly unique in BB0. I'm not sure right now how to go about implementing this, or if it should be implemented. Perhaps an older BBU weapon can be added instead. But Graham should get a BB0 weapon as well.

Mechanical Bullet- This weapon has to be added. People seemed to enjoy the concept and the weapon itself despite its being unusuably bad. It will be somewhat similar to bouncing betty, however, i think mechanical bullet should bounce more linearly. It should only bounce straight fowards. Its damage should increase with every bounce, encouraging Riggs players to attempt to cause it to bounce before it hits enemies. Like the rockette launcher, a direct hit will do bonus damage and knock players back (although not as severely). It should have a limited number of bounces until it disappears, and should disappear when it hits an enemy.

In general I feel that besides the standard weapons, each character should get one unique weapon from BB0.

Oliver-Harpoon
Riggs-Mechanical Bullet
Tillman-Daisy Cutter
Graham-Big Spender(?)
Astoria-Dragon Slayzer
Wil-Ant Blaster

Any more weapons would be too many to add. However, some additional ideas for a future update are healing turret, healing grenade, and ice trap.

Abilities

Ninja Vanish- The nice thing about this one is it doesn't have to be changed much to fit into BBG. A quick movement boost and complete cloaking will always be useful, so this ability can remain virtually the same in a bbg reincarnation.

Charge Shot-This ability has always been controversial, but opting to use it instead of sw boots would require it to be a strong ability and charge shot has always been strong. Again, it shouldn't have to be changed much. Could be useful for any high damage weapon.

Thunderdome- Unfortunately, Thunderdome was absolutely broken in BB0. Slowing of the enemy combined with stopping enemy fire was simply too much. It should be added into BBG in a similar form minus the ability to slow opponents. It would simply serve as an ability similar to the bubble shield from Halo 3, blocking all non explosive weapons. However, explosives will able to go through (so that tesla shield will remain viable). Obviously iron curtian would be even less appealing if thunderdome was added, but iron curtain has always been bad so it isn't really something worth caring about.

Boom Box- I generally like the idea of team oriented abilities, so the boombox is a must have. In contrast to propbearganda, boombox should increase fire rate, reload speed, and special speed, allowing for a large volume of suppressive fire if a teammate is within its radius.

Energy Drink- Another ability that doesn't have to be changed much. Like its BB0 form, it should increase damage, fire rate, and movement speed for a short duration. It's movement speed increase should be smaller than caffiene injection and its duration much shorter in order to keep it from replacing caffiene entirely.

This all may be too much to add in one update, but we may be able to get all of these weapons and abilities across two updates. We should prioritize the weapons listed imo, the abilities can wait. I know that many of my ideas here may be a little silly, but we need to start coming up with unique ways to do this and I'm just trying to get people in the right mindset. The unique weapons should have slight twists to them when added to BBG, that way they provide a refreshing experience for players who have never played Overclock so that they can appeal to both playerbases. I will continue to update this as I come up with more ideas, as this is not the most thought out thread I have ever had. I will also be making more threads on similar topics fairly soon
OKY was here

Comments

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,433 Noble
    It really has been a long time since I last made a thread regarding BBG.
    OKY was here
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,043 Underlord 2016
    Wil has no need for an smg and would absolutely hurt the class. Why would you give him a shotgun when he already has 2? Why would you give riggs an asr? Why would you give oliver an asr without any added function when he already has 2? Why would astoria have a pistol primary when she has sniper rifles wouldn’t it be better to finally just add the pea shooter as a secondary instead of a pistol primary?

Harpoon for oliver? Why? shouldn’t it be given to graham cus he’s the area denial class?

An aoe projectile was a great idea on the sniper last time right (just give it to tilman you know the aoe class).

Ant blaster is similar to soakers so i think it would be a better idea to give it to oliver as a primary.

Pig spender could be a riggs weapon it fits him the most, idk really what they could do with it on any of the classes but it should be given to riggs at the very least.

Mechanical bull why would that be on riggs and not tilman? Also i feel as if the way the explosions work would make it a option between BB and itself.

Ninja boost would be absolutely broken in BBG, it cannot work. Allowing oliver to make cloaking useless for his class and giving him a mini caffeine injection as a secondary would be awfully OP. Simply put the way it exists doesn’t fit with BBG and i can see the abuse with this and UT or sf hasr.j

Charge shot was broken in BBO and would be in BBG it would be hell to play against and meh to use especially with lag.

Again thunder dome would be broken and i think the slowing effect would make more sense to keep over denying half the weapons from working. It could be used on sanchez.
    Graham’s overclock ability could also be given to sanchez.

Boombox increases regen rate right? Well why not give sanchez yet another ability or graham and make it a secondary that while stood inside makes you get healed?

As for energy drink it should be a wil secondary and without any changes to it’s effects but maybe toned up or toned down depending on the bonuses and how they work for wil in BBG.

I’m surprised you didn’t suggest healing turret as a secondary for graham.

Considering this is a huge revamp idk doesn’t seem like a stretch considering 2 people did that entire BBZ update relatively quickly for what resources they had and skyvu can focus on this thing as a company since they do now have the resources or enough to get it done i believe.
    SSS
    edited November 21
    SSP_Rism wrote: »
    Wil has no need for an smg and would absolutely hurt the class. Why would you give him a shotgun when he already has 2? Why would you give riggs an asr? Why would you give oliver an asr without any added function when he already has 2? Why would astoria have a pistol primary when she has sniper rifles wouldn’t it be better to finally just add the pea shooter as a secondary instead of a pistol primary?

Harpoon for oliver? Why? shouldn’t it be given to graham cus he’s the area denial class?

An aoe projectile was a great idea on the sniper last time right (just give it to tilman you know the aoe class).

Ant blaster is similar to soakers so i think it would be a better idea to give it to oliver as a primary.

Pig spender could be a riggs weapon it fits him the most, idk really what they could do with it on any of the classes but it should be given to riggs at the very least.

Mechanical bull why would that be on riggs and not tilman? Also i feel as if the way the explosions work would make it a option between BB and itself.

Ninja boost would be absolutely broken in BBG, it cannot work. Allowing oliver to make cloaking useless for his class and giving him a mini caffeine injection as a secondary would be awfully OP. Simply put the way it exists doesn’t fit with BBG and i can see the abuse with this and UT or sf hasr.j

Charge shot was broken in BBO and would be in BBG it would be hell to play against and meh to use especially with lag.

Again thunder dome would be broken and i think the slowing effect would make more sense to keep over denying half the weapons from working. It could be used on sanchez.

Boombox increases regen rate right? Well why not give sanchez yet another ability or graham and make it a secondary that while stood inside makes you get healed?

As for energy drink it should be a wil secondary and without any changes to it’s effects but maybe toned up or toned down depending on the bonuses and how they work for wil in BBG.

Considering this is a huge revamp idk doesn’t seem like a stretch considering 2 people did that entire BBZ update relatively quickly for what resources they had and skyvu can focus on this thing as a company since they do now have the resources or enough to get it done i believe.

Most of what you said made sense. Again I don't know much about this game so I'm inclined to agree with you.

The ant blaster and shotgun logic seems contradictory though. Not giving shotgun to Wil because he already has two makes sense to me. Giving Ant Blaster to Oliver because he already has two similar weapons doesn't make sense by the same logic.

Harpoon for Graham is a good idea. I thought about the same thing about charge shot, which is why I'm ok with just pretending it never existed.

I can see where you are coming from with everything else. Again I didn't really expect my ideas to be particularly great given my ignorance but I'm trying to spark some conversation about and just throwing some crazy things out there.

I think you're right that vanish would be broken but thunderdome I'm not quite sure.

Lol I'm not sure why I gave Wil an smg and Riggs an assault rifle on second thought. Doesn't really fit the characters at all.
    OKY was here

Most of what you said made sense. Again I don't know much about this game so I'm inclined to agree with you.

The ant blaster and shotgun logic seems contradictory though. Not giving shotgun to Wil because he already has two makes sense to me. Giving Ant Blaster to Oliver because he already has two similar weapons doesn't make sense by the same logic.

Harpoon for Graham is a good idea. I thought about the same thing about charge shot, which is why I'm ok with just pretending it never existed.

I can see where you are coming from with everything else. Again I didn't really expect my ideas to be particularly great given my ignorance but I'm trying to spark some conversation about and just throwing some crazy things out there.

I think you're right that vanish would be broken but thunderdome I'm not quite sure.

Lol I'm not sure why I gave Wil an smg and Riggs an assault rifle on second thought. Doesn't really fit the characters at all.

the difference is that the default shotgun in BBO is super duper boring and wil already has a basic shotgun in BBG. Ant blaster is cool though and would make a good side grade to the soakers.
    SSS
  • armandoarmando Member Posts: 13 Recruit
    An AR wouldn't fit riggs character
    armando wrote: »

Yeah i really don't even understand my own thought proccess when I made this thread tbh
    OKY was here

Yeah i really don't even understand my own thought proccess when I made this thread tbh

you might have been tired
    SSS

you might have been tired

Sometimes my ideas are just bad lol. I think I might have been approaching it to much from a BB0 perspective, and not really coming at it from a BBG perspective like I should've been. This thread is kinda obsolete anyway ever since Griff made his.
    OKY was here