BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

We're winding down BBO to revamp BBG with BBO maps/weapons

SkyVu_BenSkyVu_Ben CEO Posts: 261 SkyVu Employee
To my closest BB Overclock friends, I'm writing to tell you what you've all probably suspected by now, that we're going to wind down BB Overclock at some point before the end of the year. In an effort to revive the BB franchise, I've partnered with a publisher who believes in the brand and our small team. The publisher and I took a hard look at BBG and BBO decided a revamp of BBG that will include maps and weapons from BBO would be the best result for the players long term. I want to make sure you all get to keep the items you've earned so far in BBO, so we're going to archive BBO's user data and will be able to look it up and add it for you in the new BBG (if you are willing to give me another chance when it arrives).

I'm sorry I dragged on this decision for such a long time. I was basically split on which game to put our limited resources on while we took on client work to keep the team together. It wasn't until we partnered with a publisher recently that we now have the resources necessary to revamp BB. The new BBG will deliver on many of the things we've wanted/didn't complete for BBO: clans, chat, anti-hacking tools, new weapons, new maps, and new modes. A lot of your suggestions and feedback for BBO will be used as for the BBG revamp. Trang and I will make sure all BBO players get something special in the new BBG. A lot will be announced soon but I wanted to address all of you here first.

No date has been set yet for BBO's wind down. Probably just before Xmas. Be sure to remember your email or method that you logged into BBO with.

Thank you for your understanding.

SkyVuBen

Comments

• NYCONYCO Member Posts: 1,062 Sergeant
    Thanks for the heads up.
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
  • PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,623 Fabled
    So you mean you will merge the accounts of those who got both games?
  • SkyVu_BenSkyVu_Ben CEO Posts: 261 SkyVu Employee
    Can't merge accounts, the two systems are too disparate. BBO players will need to contact me or Trang and we'll take care of their new or existing BBG/R account. It'll take a bit of time but it's worth it.
    So the ones with the BBG account won't have to worry? Sorry for the questions, I just want to know.
  • NooseOnTheLooseNooseOnTheLoose Member Posts: 572 Corporal
    edited November 21
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,332 Noble
    Dang :'( the Battle Bears Ultimate/Battle Bears Overclock/Battle Bears Titans/Battle Bears Pro adventure has finally come to an end.

Still glad that at least some of the legacy is still honored here.
    @thecheeselover It shall never be forgotten...!
  • FISHDOFISHDO Member Posts: 2 Recruit
    Will this be a complete retooling of BBG as well or simply an update to the existing game?
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,943 Exalted
    This is some huge and very interesting news. Although things are going the way I personally hoped they would, my best wishes to everyone who built wonderful lasting memories with BBO. I'm looking forward to enjoying a little bit of what made your game so special!
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,043 Underlord 2016
    FISHDO wrote: »
    Will this be a complete retooling of BBG as well or simply an update to the existing game?

Super update to the game
    SSS
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,257 Fabled
    BBU/O was fun, but you’re right. This seems necessary to move forward. It’s only so hard to try and maintain TWO online mobile shooters. I completely understand.

I never went on a diet
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
  • TruChico1415TruChico1415 Member Posts: 158 Recruit
    Yeeeeesssss finally some bbg and bbo revamps update. Btw Ben can i be a bbo beta tester i will be welling to.
  • XxDarknessxXXxDarknessxX Member Posts: 16 Recruit
    Wahoooooo Ben i'm excited for the revaaaamp!!i'm 3 years that i'm waiting something big!!!i'm so Happyyyy!!!!!!
    I Think it's a perfect idea!now we That play bbg will have lot of content,and BBO will fuse with BBG,I think all will be happy as me!
  • LethalLethal Member Posts: 313 Recruit
    This is fine, but please keep the weapons character locked, like in BBG. having the same weapon for different characters is lame imo
    Sombra best OW girl.
    Lethal wrote: »
    This is fine, but please keep the weapons character locked, like in BBG. having the same weapon for different characters is lame imo

It depends on the weapon like i wouldn’t mind multiclass weapons but only in specific cases. I think character specific weapons are much better generally though and at the very least the way BBU/O did it wasn’t the right way.
    SSS
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,433 Noble
    edited November 21
    Thank you for the fast response and reassurance. It seems like the members of our community are willing to come together for this so we'll see what we can get done.
    OKY was here
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,943 Exalted
    SkyVu_Ben wrote: »
    Trang and I will make sure all BBO players get something special in the new BBG.

Just a quick question: will the something special be unlockable by BBG vets as well and not entirely exclusive? I'm itching to use the gas I've stockpiled through countless ads/offers, and I'm hoping not to have to spend the next several years kicking myself for never creating a BBO account whenever I see some epic exclusive skin/cosmetic the BBO players all received. :P
    @AbsoluteZero the sniper rifles and pistols wouldn't work especially not the most OP sniper steampunk (especially considering the random crit chance would make them super inconsistent in bbg and over time people would start to hate them).. I don't think most of the weapon types in BBO would work in BBG maybe futuristic ASR but i haven't played in a while so i may be forgetting something.

The armour sets could be made into skins as well *cough* graham shark *cough*

Saberi's unpopularity comes from the fact she has no class role when you buy every other class you expect something but saberi no one knows what "combat tech" means.

Balance in BBG is a pretty high priority considering a ton of OP weapons and and even larger list of UP.

Everything else i agree with but maybe the BBU candyland spawn camping would need a touch up on (maybe having different spawn rooms?) if they used that version of it (if they do put it in BBG). I think a map that would worl really well in BBG would be that dark island map with the springs ateach side bringing you to the middle.
    SSS
    SSP_Rism wrote: »
    @AbsoluteZero the sniper rifles and pistols wouldn't work especially not the most OP sniper steampunk (especially considering the random crit chance would make them super inconsistent in bbg and over time people would start to hate them).. I don't think most of the weapon types in BBO would work in BBG maybe futuristic ASR but i haven't played in a while so i may be forgetting something.

The armour sets could be made into skins as well *cough* graham shark *cough*

Saberi's unpopularity comes from the fact she has no class role when you buy every other class you expect something but saberi no one knows what "combat tech" means.

Balance in BBG is a pretty high priority considering a ton of OP weapons and and even larger list of UP.

Everything else i agree with but maybe the BBU candyland spawn camping would need a touch up on (maybe having different spawn rooms?) if they used that version of it (if they do put it in BBG). I think a map that would worl really well in BBG would be that dark island map with the springs ateach side bringing you to the middle.

Yeah armor sets into skins is a good idea. Some weapons don't have to be incorporated into BBG the same way they were in BBG. They should be changed to fit BBG while still feeling a little bit familiar. I also hate random crit chances and they should never be added into BBG.
    OKY was here
    i hate melee Cancel reload of weapons...don't add please :smile:
  • LilyBLilyB Member Posts: 143 Recruit
    Man I’m hype to see some skins go into bbg and maps :# hopefully the rankings will change too.
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 428 Recruit
    edited November 24
    I can't wait to see how the overclocks are implemented. Also for those of us with BBO accounts how will the level transfer work? Cuz bbos max is 30 and BBG is limitless I think.
  • SkyVu_BenSkyVu_Ben CEO Posts: 261 SkyVu Employee
    I'll let @SkyVu_Trang comment on the levels but in general, we're thinking primarily about players maintaining items they've purchased or earned. To be clear, those items are still being sorted out as we probably can't afford to transfer over every single thing.
    I can't wait to see how the overclocks are implemented. Also for those of us with BBO accounts how will the level transfer work? Cuz bbos max is 30 and BBG is limitless I think.

Overclocks shouldn't be in BBG. They don't fit the game at all and they weren't really the best feature of BB0 anyway. For the most part they were all either quite bad or kinda broken and difficult to balance. Also they really didn't have much variety in effects which would hurt even more in BBG as we'd have to make more of them for more characters.
    OKY was here
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 428 Recruit

Overclocks shouldn't be in BBG. They don't fit the game at all and they weren't really the best feature of BB0 anyway. For the most part they were all either quite bad or kinda broken and difficult to balance. Also they really didn't have much variety in effects which would hurt even more in BBG as we'd have to make more of them for more characters.

Not much variety? Astoria had speed/invisibility wil had tank mode, Riggs had regen, Oliver had death beam etc

Not much variety? Astoria had speed/invisibility wil had tank mode, Riggs had regen, Oliver had death beam etc

And yet almost all of those increase armor. Riggs and Wil are both basically tank mode, they really aren't that different except for the damage caused by Riggs. Olivers overclock was almost unusably bad and also increased armor. Tillmans also increased armor (tankmode) and its explosion was too small to actually be usable. Astorias and Graham were noticably different, but neither would fit in with BBG as abilities and secondaries with similar effects already exist (and Astorias would be broken). The overclocks really aren't that different, and the ones that are wouldn't work in BBG. Even outside of those consideration Overclocks just would not work well with BBG. They wouldn't fit as a special or secondary/primary, and in conjunction with Powerups everybody would just be going super saiyan all game. They would not work with BBG at all.
    OKY was here

And yet almost all of those increase armor. Riggs and Wil are both basically tank mode, they really aren't that different except for the damage caused by Riggs. Olivers overclock was almost unusably bad and also increased armor. Tillmans also increased armor (tankmode) and its explosion was too small to actually be usable. Astorias and Graham were noticably different, but neither would fit in with BBG as abilities and secondaries with similar effects already exist (and Astorias would be broken). The overclocks really aren't that different, and the ones that are wouldn't work in BBG. Even outside of those consideration Overclocks just would not work well with BBG. They wouldn't fit as a special or secondary/primary, and in conjunction with Powerups everybody would just be going super saiyan all game. They would not work with BBG at all.

i disagree with overclock for graham since i think it would work fantastic on sanchez as a secondary. otherwise yeah overclocks wouldn't work.
    SSS
    ben...what do you think about Huggables?they'll not earn anything from the BBG and BBO...Will you Add something for non-BBO Character Like Botch? :smile: )
  • AdixionAdixion Member Posts: 358 Recruit
    edited November 30
    Hope my skills for Oliver stays the same lmao
    3s7uesqmkuhf.gif
  • Rookie_MistakeRookie_Mistake Member Posts: 2 Recruit
    edited December 1
    Shoot..I was just getting Into BBO but the Revamp sounds legendary! Good luck SkyVu i'm with you till the end.