BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/yHFDVYq
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

TALKING HUGGABLE AND RAINBLOW DISCUSSION (2 obscure BB games)

NooseOnTheLooseNooseOnTheLoose Member Posts: 568 Corporal
in honor of the 8 year anniversary of BBZ, I have decided to revisit some obscure BB games that a ton might not know about and even some of the oldies might not even remember, RAINBLOW & TALKING HUGGABLE!

RAINBLOW Screenshots :
(small jpeg)
latest?cb=20130505194805
(billboard promoting Battle Bears in general but has rainblow promotional art)
battle-bears-sf-billboard-r471x.jpg
(in-game screenshot)
640?cb=20140121074710

(gameplay footage of rainblow)

TALKING HUGGABLE Screenshots :
(image from old blog)
HUGGABLE_ad_comp_800x600.jpg?token=uw3LjLfXjYPlHRd17OgbAoGD%2BMM%3D
(app store screenshot)
talking-huggable-hd-screenshot-3.jpg
(low quality in-game image)
250?cb=20130407140929

(cam footage of talking huggable)

there is also a talking panda app skyvu made that is similar to talking huggable but the panda character in the app isn't Tillman (and there's also 2 talking apps starring the main characters from the BB universe, Oliver & Riggs but since there is no available footage or screencaps it only needs a mention in this thread)

also note that while rainblow has returned to the app store for a very short period once, talking huggable has never returned since it's removal in 2011

Leave thoughts below!
latest?cb=20151223065501

Comments

• PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,597 Fabled
    Good thing I still have Rainblow on my iPad! Can't hear the music anymore but it still works nicely!

There's also Talking Oliver and Talking Riggs, which seem to be even more obscure. Interestingly, they have the graphic style of the movie test scene.
  • NooseOnTheLooseNooseOnTheLoose Member Posts: 568 Corporal
    Pirate wrote: »
    Good thing I still have Rainblow on my iPad! Can't hear the music anymore but it still works nicely!

There's also Talking Oliver and Talking Riggs, which seem to be even more obscure. Interestingly, they have the graphic style of the movie test scene.

i forgot about those 2 apps but i knew that existed as well at one point, i'm pretty sure Talking Oliver & Riggs are just reskins of Talking Huggable (even though there are no images or video of those 2 apps in action)
    latest?cb=20151223065501

• ChoctolingChoctoling Member Posts: 196 Recruit
    think I can still reinstall
    9ceb47aa51eb16be6eb23f2081bda99a.gif

A-MEI-ZING
  • PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,597 Fabled
    Pirate wrote: »

i forgot about those 2 apps but i knew that existed as well at one point, i'm pretty sure Talking Oliver & Riggs are just reskins of Talking Huggable (even though there are no images or video of those 2 apps in action)

They were a basic "talking pet" app. Now I remember... there was also a Big Blue Huggable talking app, but it faded a long time a go.
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,331 Noble
    Quite the nostalgia trip..
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,926 Exalted
    I have these, plus BB Go and BB Backpack still on my old iPad. Still come back to them now and again, Rainblow was really fun.
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,252 Fabled
    Talking Huggable has returned; I have all of the games mentioned above. All of the Rainblow footage above is from the beta when the game was known as "Rainbow Fart". The latest release features Rainblow with a pot of gold jet pack instead of farting
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
  • DaHuggableDaHuggable Member Posts: 130 Recruit
    edited September 17
    Edit: Apologies for the bump, didn't realize this was from a while back. Also, as for "Pocket OLIVER" and "RIGGS the BATTLE BEAR HD," I can still reinstall them and record footage/get screenshots if it's wanted. From what I remember, the talking panda one never worked for me, dunno why.

This was an advertisement they had for Rainblow up on their channel a pretty long time ago, but they've unlisted it.

That video links to two other videos, one being private and labeled "Watch the Cut Scene!" and the other is just another unlisted video, which is more gameplay. I figured I might as well leave that here too.

i'm a huggable huggable
  • NooseOnTheLooseNooseOnTheLoose Member Posts: 568 Corporal
    @DaHuggable please do it, we would love to archive it on the bb discord.
    latest?cb=20151223065501