BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

What would YOU want in our totally cool Community Update?(Most Voted will be pitched to SkyVu!)

KidGunsoKidGunso Member Posts: 1,473 Sergeant
edited August 19 in BB GOLD
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've said anything on the forums and yes, Big Boy changes are still being worked on. However, I feel like me and all of you combined can create our super cool community update just for BenVu to show that we as fans will support him all the way! Now the real question is what we want this update to be about! Would you like it to be an all around balancing for the gameplay? Maybe an art update! Or a fresh new update, full of content for a theme! You guys vote and I'll pitch it in for SkyVu at 8/25 at 1:15 PM! We encourage you to all show us your talent and support for the update you want! Show your texture pack, nerfed AoW and your Candy themed update! It'll help better what we can submit!

What would YOU want in our totally cool Community Update?(Most Voted will be pitched to SkyVu!) 20 votes

We want an art update!(Updating Artwork, Icons and Textures)
15%
LethalCrash_NebulaTyron 3 votes
We want a balance update!(3 Changes will be submitted, all three will be MASSIVE changes)
10%
Soo__heyStarc 2 votes
We want a update pack!(A bunch of new skins, weapons, maps and specials for a theme of your choice!)
75%
Hug2DeathNYCOInstableGriffAbsoluteZeroGodfiKidGunsoFREESHSUJUICEMavockinBwearpoeSSP_RismCryoChaoTicKraZeMR329Choctoling 15 votes
Let's get riiiiighhtttt into the news, folks!

Comments

• Soo__heySoo__hey Member Posts: 333 Underlord 2016
    edited August 19
    We want a balance update!(3 Changes will be submitted, all three will be MASSIVE changes)
    I definitely don't have any bias against this poll
    SSS
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,043 Underlord 2016
    We want a update pack!(A bunch of new skins, weapons, maps and specials for a theme of your choice!)
    As much as i want balance changes, 3 balance changes compared to new maps skins and weapons isn't as good.
    However if it would come in a long time then the balance changes would be better since they could come sooner, so it depends.
    SSS
  • NYCONYCO Member Posts: 1,062 Sergeant
    I want my tommy gun!
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
  • LethalLethal Member Posts: 313 Recruit
    content updates? that'd just mean more balancing to do for us, while we already have enough to do. Balance updates? they are happening anyways. Art update would give BBG a fresh look, the best choice imo
    Sombra best OW girl.
    Lethal wrote: »
    content updates? that'd just mean more balancing to do for us, while we already have enough to do. Balance updates? they are happening anyways. Art update would give BBG a fresh look, the best choice imo

From the past 6 weapons only 1 has been OP (poptart shurikens) so i think it would be good to have a bunch of weapons a new map and i guess skins for activity and then whilst that's going on we could balance after for the older weapons.
    Like i said though it depends on how long each thing would take but if you asked me between a big balance update and another 3 new weapons, i'd say the big balance update (it could do some things for major issues and buff all the UP and UU weapons that no one cares about essentially allowing use of more new weapons then actually adding old ones).
    SSS
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Ok for BBG balance update:
    1. I want the speeds to be improved like add little more speeds also for health and weapons
    2. Make the game design look nicer instead of looking like 1980s game

And that's it
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
    Starc wrote: »
    Ok for BBG balance update:
    1. I want the speeds to be improved like add little more speeds also for health and weapons
    2. Make the game design look nicer instead of looking like 1980s game

And that's it

The 2nd one isn't balance
    The 1st one isn't any specific weapon which is what it was asking and there are speed equipments that make the characters fast.
    SSS
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,440 Fabled
    add bidet spinners to bbo
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 428 Recruit
    edited August 19
    FREESH wrote: »
    add bidet spinners to bbo

Lol

But yeah content update wud be a better way to get more players then balancing, which wud lead to more possible revenue for SkyVu which wud mean more updates for balancing, art, and content.(unless they make more let it goats)
  • MavockinMavockin Member Posts: 800 Corporal
    UUUH YES MA
    44WqQzi.jpg
    @SSP_Rism weapons can be UP too; (ice fireworks sucked, same for 2/3 fidget weapons) as well as that literally all weapons were visibly low effort (reskinned fireworks, reskinned senor potato, fidget boomer) i don't want weapons like that anymore. it might just be me but the content updates we've actually sucked pretty bad. the only original stuff we got were the fidget spinner weapons. i'd rather get some new good art and a refreshed look than some more reskins.
    Sombra best OW girl.
    it seems as if we're getting a content update though; in that case, @Soo__hey and i had an idea for a machine gun for Graham, if i recall correctly.

Sombra best OW girl.
    it seems as if we're getting a content update though; in that case, @Soo__hey and i had an idea for a machine gun for Graham, if i recall correctly.

Sounds dumb considering you know graham being support and all
    Unless you mean some kind of automatic machine gun other choice for turret then k lol
    SSS
    edited August 20
    SSP_Rism wrote: »

Sounds dumb considering you know graham being support and all
    Unless you mean some kind of automatic machine gun other choice for turret then k lol

Machine gun turret already sounds op and idk it's stats lol
    Sounds like a faster torbjorn's turret (from Overwatch)
  • Soo__heySoo__hey Member Posts: 333 Underlord 2016
    @Lethal

It was a fish pistol you dummy
    SSS
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,433 Noble
    As much as I would like an artwork overhaul for the series in general (a return to its roots)... It wouldn't do much to fix the games state. The only way to revive the game is new content to be quite frank.

As such, a new update must be focused on new content. But balance must be reasonable as to not discourage returning players.

HOWEVER... I do think that a remastered version of BBR would attract lots of players. BBR in version 1.3.1 with some Balance adjustments to broken weapons (headlights, Bearzooka, Doomstick, and Capital Pains primarily) with some new features (such as a clans system, fixed rating, and private matches) would bring back some old players for sure. How difficult this may be I am not entirely sure, but at this point I have little faith in anything happening so i have no trouble with proposing outlandish ideas.

The reason I selected 1.3.1 is because it's the first update to include Wil where his speed was fixed. 1.3 may serve better if his speed is fixed. 1.2 could also be a good choice if Wil is not necessarily desired (but i think he is). I don't think balance changes should really be implemented too much, as they'd hurt the originsl feel. Just some nerfs to overbearing weapons that leave them with a similar feel (underpowered weapons untouched for now).

The question becomes how to KEEP the game active... Well, new maps and game modes could be introduced. Not just PvP gamemodes, but maybe some co-op missions or firefight gamemodes or something of the sort. Occasional map packs could also be issued, with a legacy playlist option for team deathmatch and plant the bomb in which only old maps are allowed. Perhaps new weapons could be added just for the new game modes. Pro mode absolutely cannot be added to a BBR version. It would make it too similar to bbg. If the old stats of weapons are completely unknown this whole idea may not be feasible.

The reason i propose this is because it could allow for an artistic reversion from BBG, but would be a different experience that might keep players interested. Old players would likely play again considering the games considerable reputation. I have a suspicion that this would actually take considerable effort, but i do think it would be a safe move for skyvu to make and i do think it would certainly attract quite a few players if done right.

Not my best idea ever but there you have it.

Realistically, content update for BBG.
    OKY was here
    Soo__hey wrote: »
    @Lethal

see this is a good idea
    SSS
    As much as I would like an artwork overhaul for the series in general (a return to its roots)... It wouldn't do much to fix the games state. The only way to revive the game is new content to be quite frank.

As such, a new update must be focused on new content. But balance must be reasonable as to not discourage returning players.

HOWEVER... I do think that a remastered version of BBR would attract lots of players. BBR in version 1.3.1 with some Balance adjustments to broken weapons (headlights, Bearzooka, Doomstick, and Capital Pains primarily) with some new features (such as a clans system, fixed rating, and private matches) would bring back some old players for sure. How difficult this may be I am not entirely sure, but at this point I have little faith in anything happening so i have no trouble with proposing outlandish ideas.

The reason I selected 1.3.1 is because it's the first update to include Wil where his speed was fixed. 1.3 may serve better if his speed is fixed. 1.2 could also be a good choice if Wil is not necessarily desired (but i think he is). I don't think balance changes should really be implemented too much, as they'd hurt the originsl feel. Just some nerfs to overbearing weapons that leave them with a similar feel (underpowered weapons untouched for now).

The question becomes how to KEEP the game active... Well, new maps and game modes could be introduced. Not just PvP gamemodes, but maybe some co-op missions or firefight gamemodes or something of the sort. Occasional map packs could also be issued, with a legacy playlist option for team deathmatch and plant the bomb in which only old maps are allowed. Perhaps new weapons could be added just for the new game modes. Pro mode absolutely cannot be added to a BBR version. It would make it too similar to bbg. If the old stats of weapons are completely unknown this whole idea may not be feasible.

The reason i propose this is because it could allow for an artistic reversion from BBG, but would be a different experience that might keep players interested. Old players would likely play again considering the games considerable reputation. I have a suspicion that this would actually take considerable effort, but i do think it would be a safe move for skyvu to make and i do think it would certainly attract quite a few players if done right.

Not my best idea ever but there you have it.

Realistically, content update for BBG.

Since there's not a chance skyvu wouldn't have saved older art styles with the maps and animations they can simply take the older better shaded maps and skins and replace the current ones with those (as well as the old oliver melee animations), art overhaul right there and now the game seems less dull.

I think if there would be a new map and weapons they would probably use one of the missing or unused balance updates that were sent or even both of them.

I disagree, i think it would overall to be much better if they put together a new game using the best of all the content in every update from both BBR and BBG e.g. Bbg's mechanics, bbg's weapons, BBR's balance for those weapons (that haven't already been fixed+fixes to the weapons that are still broken), BBR's map shading etc, BBR's skins (there used to be effects on the glowing parts of skins such as OCO and Riggs' backpacks which no longer exist and those minor details made those skins look much better (rather then the flat ms paint looking ones now), BBR's animations (melee's small effects when shooting eh's bullets) with an option to turn on all the old bullet animations in options outside of battle. And it also removes saberi or gives her class a role.
    This would include things as you said such as better rating system, clans etc and would also bring back players as it could be released as a new app that could get featured and bring in more new players then we've even had total in the past 3 years.

Sorry if this seems a little muddled up or whatever i'm a bit tired so it wasn't constructed as well as i would like probably
    SSS
    Soo__hey wrote: »
    @Lethal

That sounds interesting
  • GodfiGodfi Member Posts: 1,089 Sergeant
    We will make battle bears great again.

"What’s an injury or two or three or four or five or six?! If I say I’ll ride a broom, then I’m gonna ride it! Don’t even try to shake me off now! I won’t even let go to the very depths of hell!"
    @ChaoTicKraZe it is, actually
    Sombra best OW girl.
    'll try and find the stats we had for it
    Sombra best OW girl.
  • ChoctolingChoctoling Member Posts: 200 Recruit
    Marina Saberi
    9ceb47aa51eb16be6eb23f2081bda99a.gif

A-MEI-ZING
  • KidGunsoKidGunso Member Posts: 1,473 Sergeant
    Remember to put your votes in!

Ends Tomorrow at 1:15 PM!
    Let's get riiiiighhtttt into the news, folks!
    KidGunso wrote: »
    Remember to put your votes in!

Ends Tomorrow at 1:15 PM!

I think the poll was one sided and pretty useless, the 3 weapon balance update was terrible compared to content or art updates. If you had said a multi class overhaul fixing practically all their problems then it would be equal.
    SSS