Greetings, Battle Bears fans,
It's been a long time since we did this. This once Biannual Forum Tradition was once seen as a great delight and dread, for this is the week where we allow everyone who wants to change their name to do so.
PLEASE KNOW HOWEVER THAT THIS IS NOT REQUIRED, IF YOU LIKE YOUR USERNAME AS IS, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO KEEP IT
There are two reasons why we (or mainly I) waited so long to do this:
1. The former Name-Change Manager/Assistant Administrator, @Caststarman
has left the forums with no one to take up his mantle
2. I don't believe that changing your name every 6 months is the best idea, I believe when you have a good username, you should keep it as is so you don't confuse people later. I for one have never changed my username.
But we've waited long enough, and my opinion is not going to hold back this forever. I believe it's time we give those who wanted for one a chance; they've been VERY patient after all.
1. ALL name change requests are to be held in this thread only. Doing it all in a single thread will be easier for everyone involved. No name change requests are to be done otherwise.
2. Names must be within forum guidelines AND summonable. It's annoying to find someone with a space in their name (E.g "Annoying Name") because summoning someone who tries to summon that person with a space in their name won't be able to. @Annoying
Name. We can't have another @Sean #72
, can we? (Yeah that's right, @IAm_SJAXVIII
, I just summoned you)
3. ALL users are permitted to ONE name change only. Some users try to request troll names We mods are already busy keeping the huggables at bay, so we don't have time to change your name to @SkyVu_Trang
4. No whining! If you posted your name change request in THIS thread, we WILL see it. It might take us some time. If you posted your request before the time was up, but then your request wasn't fulfilled in that same time period, it's okay. You probably posted it at the last minute possibly while we were sleeping. We have you covered. Also, if you missed this entirely, we'll add a little wiggle room since people can be busy, but we will only take a few of them. We will allow you to post your requests before August 13th on this thread. We won't go through with any name changes until that day to keep it fair for everyone.
The rules are subject to change.
But why do we do this? Well, I'll let Cast explain it:
How do you request a name change correctly? It's simple, but we won't honor a request unless you do it correctly.
Well back a few years ago, people consistently asked for name changes which we mods fulfilled. We mods even had some fun with this (@Naporu
for a while, compliments of me), but then we realized how confusing it was. It was really hard to figure out who was who was who. Because of that reason, we shut down all name change requests and even took away the ability to keep alt accounts without really special permission. In our minds, you should make a lasting name from the start, so it was sound that we stopped changing people's names. Users got fed up with it eventually and came up to us mods and said "Our interests have changed, our usernames don't hold meaning to us anymore". Actually I have no idea if that's accurate, but that was what I remember us mods discussing after all the users complained. We eventually decided to open up name changes again, but not indefinitely. We came up with an idea of a name change every 6 months. At first we were going to track each user individually and give them name changes when they themselves didn't have a name change for 6 months, but soon realized the heft of that task. The way we do it now is much simpler and way easier.
It's extremely simple. It helps us see them among all the other posts in this thread. In the future we might change it, but for now this is how it's going to be.
Everyone is allowed a name change. It doesn't matter if you made your account three years ago or three days ago, everyone has the ability to get a name change. If your request gets turned down, you are free to request again with a different name.