An official post regarding the state of Battle Bears has appeared, check it out if you haven't already: http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46585/we-will-never-give-up-on-bb-but-times-are-tough
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

I'm starting to play BBG

StarcStarc Member Posts: 911 Corporal
Wow! BBG is fun! And I think I did ok but I will do well :)
fca2y8mlmvvx.png
spzwzhravzrf.png
I should have listened to u guys! Wow BBG is really fun now! It's never laggy amd it's fun when it's not laggy :D man I'm so happy I downloaded it
If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
Starc's kik: .starc

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
Tagged:

Comments

• thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,306 Noble
    Nice to hear that :D
  • Dban1Dban1 Banned, Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 9,501 Fabled
    BBG > BBO
    rwT4Yae.jpg
  • TacticalWarriorTacticalWarrior Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 6,831 Fabled
    BBG is good stuff
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,911 Exalted
    It's easy to underestimate BBG because it appears slow-paced to outside observers, but there's a ton to dig into, especially with the loadout system. I don't think I would have reached level 212 by accident and still be playing casually today if the game was objectively not fun.
  • _Lachy__Lachy_ Member Posts: 2,280 War Hero
    edited July 30
    Yes wow amazing!
    *Cough* THREAD WORTHY *COUGH*

we always need more meat shields
    seriously tho unlike bbo you actually need to aim
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 1,939 Underlord 2016
    Spend your money on jump, don't buy botch.
    Bbg starting advice101
    SSS
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,424 Fabled
    edited July 31
    What the frick I didn't write anythfinf
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 911 Corporal
    What's The price for jump

http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • IgolideIgolide Member Posts: 217 Recruit
    60 gas

Also check on here if a weapon is worth buying b4 you buy it, it's really disappointing to save up for a weapon and realise it sucks.

Also equips are important, you can get by with the default primaries when you start as long as you have the right equipment.
    60 gas?! For jumping?! I only got 4 ;-;

Don't cancel ads after a game watch them, that'll get you gas quick, also daily rewards get you overall 100 gas in 20 days if you collect them every day
    Gold44 wrote: »
    Don't cancel ads after a game watch them, that'll get you gas quick, also daily rewards get you overall 100 gas in 20 days if you collect them every day

Ok

Dujuran wrote: »
    Bbg starting advice101

What's so bad about Botch

Starc wrote: »
    Bbg starting advice101

Nothing really ,Duj just doesn't like him.
    Probably because he isn't really a class, and non of his weapons make any sense of have any links apart from being GrEeN.

his called botch and it sound like te swear word
    KV-2-1940.jpg
    Bbg starting advice101

He is in my opinion the worst class, b-1000 is also pretty terrible but in the right hands in comp can be good.
    If you go to bundles you can tap all the links and get a load of gas.
    Also always use speed 1/2 at least with equips.
    SSS
    Bbg starting advice101

He is in my opinion the worst class, b-1000 is also pretty terrible but in the right hands in comp can be good.
    If you go to bundles you can tap all the links and get a load of gas.
    Also always use speed 1/2 at least with equips.

K

• LinkerLinkLinkerLink Member Posts: 20 Recruit
    Saberi is overpowered don't buy it. I suggest working on oliver. He's my favorite class. You can start by buying the gold steam shot and make the primary "a salt rifle". Then buying the "sw boots" or the "caffeine trouble" (I suggest the boots first). Then buying the pro jump and the radar after it. Then get the damage 2 and speed 2 to be not overpowered. Riggs is the best. You should get his "provolowned" and get the sucker punch or mother of nature (I suggest sucker punch). And tillman is okay. But astoria sucks for me. I hate sniping. If you can snipe well. You should buy her class. And for wil: don't do damage 1 and damage 2 with boomstick mcshotgun because I find it op. And don't buy: botch, graham, b-1000 and saberi. (Arbiter is pretty good)
    NO DON'T TOUCH THAT
    PRO HUGGABLES ARE ANNOYING AF!
    NO DON'T TOUCH THAT
    LinkerLink wrote: »
    PRO HUGGABLES ARE ANNOYING AF!

And huggable is not really a great class to me

edited July 31
    @LinkerLink Saberi is actually one of the most balanced classes. Overpowered = able to destroy almost every other class with little to no effort or skill required; Saberi is one of the classes that demands more practice due to her slower speed and relatively flimsy HP. She's actually very similar to Oliver in multiple ways, but you can't rely on the brute strength of your twofold weapons to Leeroy Jenkins people with her or else you'll likely be the first one to die. One of the best simple strategies against Combat Techs is simply to return fire and meet them head on!

Most importantly, some classes might appear overpowered to you or other Oliver mains simply because you're a diehard Oliver fan/meta set user, and depending on the class you play most, you'll have a harder time with certain classes. Strengths and weaknesses. :)

Pro Huggables using all speed are pretty irritating mostly due to their ability to lag and to grab tons of powerups in the blink of an eye. It's the general consensus among actual pro hugs that Charged Run and extreme speed are cheap and obnoxious. Without tons of speed, they're totally balanced. If you're a pro huggy, limiting yourself to one speed equip and avoiding Charged Run is a good idea to give the low ping people a break!
    @LinkerLink Saberi is actually one of the most balanced classes. Overpowered = able to destroy almost every other class with little to no effort or skill required; Saberi is one of the classes demanding more practice due to her slower speed and relatively flimsy HP. She's actually quite similar to Oliver in multiple ways.

Most importantly, some classes might appear overpowered to you or other Oliver mains simply because you're a diehard Oliver fan/meta set user, and depending on the class you play most, you'll have a harder time with certain classes. Strengths and weaknesses. :)

Pro Huggables using all speed are pretty irritating mostly due to their ability to lag and to grab tons of powerups in the blink of an eye. It's the general consensus among actual pro hugs that Charged Run and extreme speed are cheap and obnoxious; without tons of speed, they're totally balanced.

Minigun+plasma machine gun with damage 2 does a lot
    Energy rifle is pre nerf aow with double the ammo
    Just in general her class is a mess the only balanced combo is the close ranged saberi lol.

Yeah oliver is good but if you get too used to him you forget this game has 10 other classes you could be playing as well. and as it turns out other weapons can be good and not overpowered.

Huggables have always been the bane of my existence even in BBR.
    SSS
    edited July 31
    Just in general her class is a mess the only balanced combo is the close ranged saberi lol.

I haven't checked the stats in a while for Saberi, is the DPS for Energy Rifle the same as pre-nerf AoW? Either way, AoW is pretty trashy now after getting nerfed to oblivion. It's always the BB tradition to overnerf something until it switches from OP to UP in a day. There are ways to mitigate the E-rifle+Minigun still, because they both come at a cost to secondary versatility and give relatively flimsy character stats. Time your Heavy charges well, lure her into a Turret nest, Iron Curtain, outsnipe her, spam explosives when she gets close... She's definitely high tier, but not a ton higher than what's already out there, and is not impossible to cope with at the least. Her other weapons definitely need reworking to be in line with Erifle, Minigun, Shotgun, Gamma, and Missiles. Also, when I said that Saberi was balanced, I meant that none of her weapons stuck out from the rest as ridiculously overpowered, sorry for not clarifying before! :P

A lot of people always think that a class is OP or UP for that reason, they judge them solely based off their own experiences with a single class, without putting the dedication into giving other classes the same treatment as their familiar ones! :(

Huggies were actually very weak in BBR, except for Headlights +4 or certain weird setups. I would always just gun them down mercilessly with Electric Honey while spamming SW Boots and dodging their pitifully slow melee attacks. I'm glad Huggable finally gets his chance to shine nowadays.

I haven't checked the stats in a while for Saberi, is the DPS for Energy Rifle the same as pre-nerf AoW? Either way, AoW is pretty trashy now after getting nerfed to oblivion. It's always the BB tradition to overnerf something until it switches from OP to UP in a day. There are ways to mitigate the E-rifle+Minigun still, because they both come at a cost to secondary versatility and give relatively flimsy character stats. Time your Heavy charges well, lure her into a Turret nest, Iron Curtain, outsnipe her, spam explosives when she gets close... She's definitely high tier, but not a ton higher than what's already out there, and is not impossible to cope with at the least. Her other weapons definitely need reworking to be in line with Erifle, Minigun, Shotgun, Gamma, and Missiles. Also, when I said that Saberi was balanced, I meant that none of her weapons stuck out from the rest as ridiculously overpowered, sorry for not clarifying before! :P

A lot of people always think that a class is OP or UP for that reason, they judge them solely based off their own experiences with a single class, without putting the dedication into giving other classes the same treatment as their familiar ones! :(

Huggies were actually very weak in BBR, except for Headlights +4 or certain weird setups. I would always just gun them down mercilessly with Electric Honey while spamming SW Boots and dodging their pitifully slow melee attacks. I'm glad Huggable finally gets his chance to shine nowadays.

Aow is still good but only vs light classes those were entirely sohey's stats blame him.
    Yes they with 60 DPS/B and i think E rifle stands out as being pretty OP but i see what you mean.

There's also the issue of saying an entire class is broken due to a couple or even 1 weapon, i mean poptart shurikens was released and i made a poll asking about the most OP class and wil won with a huge amount of votes because of it. There's also the anti proliver that brainlessly hate on them and really can't give much reason for not liking it or even calling it OP despite there actually being reasons for it (steamshot).

Not everyone used speed heavy like you lol, but i used an incredibly OP set and died to just about any huggable and they still somehow to this day seem to have some kind of infinite energy barrier when playing against me ):
    SSS
    u know what u can rly win is u get sanchez and greasy electricity gun then u go pew pew and they dead in 1 clip u can win all game with sanchez
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 380 Recruit
    edited July 31
    _Lachy_ wrote: »
    Yes wow amazing!
    *Cough* THREAD WORTHY *COUGH*

we always need more meat shields
    seriously tho unlike bbo you actually need to aim

@Lachy 1v1 me in BBO then Mr. I don't need aim
    @Dujuran (lol gonna give everyone's eyes a break and not nested quote our discussion further ;) )

I only meant no more OP than other Soldier and Heavy combos, as far as run-of-the-mill hitscan strategies go. :) Saberi's decreased mobility also helps to balance Energy Rifle out a bit, since tankiness doesn't generally play into sniper weapons' favor. Look at Lightning Bolt, for instance, which was universally considered inferior to AoW and Energy Rifle! (I'll make sure to thank @Soo__hey every time I unload a whole clip into a Botch/Huggy and fail to kill him in time)

Totally agree there, it often depends on a class's relative popularity at the time. Bearzooka spamming was in style once, after all.

Huggies, especially skilled ones, are definitely tough to take down nowadays. One of my favorite things to do to pro Huggies now is to bait them by stupidly wandering toward health in a straight line with my back turned, while watching the radar like a hawk. Then I do a backflip/dodge behind the charging Huggy and cackle into Teamspeak while squashing them with a surprise attack! >:) Purposely acting naive or inattentive on the battlefield does have its benefits for psyching out pros. Plus, it's a lot of fun. :)
    @Fluttershyisbestpony while i would have agreed that be true 2 years ago, with the perfect accuracy and that clip it really doesn't matter what the stats are if you're killing that many people that fast from any distance, but i do see your point as i used to think the same way.

I can never act naive in competitive because everyone knows i'm up to something and will stay away but in pubs that works for me too lol
    SSS
    The player vanish is very annoying with saberi
    NO DON'T TOUCH THAT
    @Dujuran That's where specials like Iron Curtain/Flawless Disguise shine. There are many ways to cope with high-powered hitscan weapons, and besides, it's no more annoying to deal with than caffeinated armored minigunning Riggses. Not saying ER Minigun Dmg isn't a very strong set, just that it's far from unbeatable and you can plan sets ahead that can counter it and other high damage hitscan sets.
    @Dujuran That's where specials like Iron Curtain/Flawless Disguise shine. There are many ways to cope with high-powered hitscan weapons, and besides, it's no more annoying to deal with than caffeinated armored minigunning Riggses. Not saying ER Minigun Dmg isn't a very strong set, just that it's far from unbeatable and you can plan sets ahead that can counter it and other high damage hitscan sets.

This is true i forgot about specials being taken into account.
    SSS
  • GodfiGodfi Member Posts: 1,088 Sergeant
    I was one of those scumbags who equipped dmg 1 + 2 and ran around using doom cloud when botch got released.

I don't regret

"What’s an injury or two or three or four or five or six?! If I say I’ll ride a broom, then I’m gonna ride it! Don’t even try to shake me off now! I won’t even let go to the very depths of hell!"