An official post regarding the state of Battle Bears has appeared, check it out if you haven't already: http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46585/we-will-never-give-up-on-bb-but-times-are-tough
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Should the Name Change in BBO should be free like in BBG?

StarcStarc Member Posts: 912 Corporal
edited July 19 in BB OVERCLOCK
???

Should the Name Change in BBO should be free like in BBG? 15 votes

Yes
80%
FluttershyisbestponyImapeaceadvocateInstableGriffthecheeseloversmtonySSP_RismSoo__heyChaoTicKraZeMR329ChoctolingStarcdeadshotfunction5 12 votes
No
20%
_Lachy_FREESHIgolide 3 votes
If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
Starc's kik: .starc

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein

Comments

• SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 1,939 Underlord 2016
    Yes
    The only reason it was added was because of hackers, which didn't matter anyway cus they could just hack gems and change their names. Acc IDs are needed like in bbg,
    SSS
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,911 Exalted
    Yes
    Name changes aren't free in BBO? BBG mustard race
  • IgolideIgolide Member Posts: 217 Recruit
    No
    The price to change name is needed on BBO it avoids trolling, on BBG there is no chat so this is no problem.
    The name change exists to stop people impersonating each other, spamming each other with name changes. It also means that there can be only one use of each name.
    Yes
    @Gold44 What about user IDs, or clicking a username to see past names?
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 380 Recruit
    edited July 19
    Yes
    Gold44 wrote: »
    The price to change name is needed on BBO it avoids trolling, on BBG there is no chat so this is no problem.
    The name change exists to stop people impersonating each other, spamming each other with name changes. It also means that there can be only one use of each name.

It doesn't let u put the same name remember so it wud be kinda obvious.
    Ex) Gold44, you. Guy trying to copy you, gold44, GoLd44, GOLD44, etc
    No
    @Fluttershyisbestpony Is it not too late to add ID's I thought they had to be added at the start of the game as BBG IDs are in order of when the players joined. (If possible IDs would work) But sure the list of past usernames viewable on the players profile would work and is a good idea. But in BBO's present system, a name change is needed (in my opinion).

@_Häwkëyë_ yes that is true but it may still be annoying if somebody keeps changing their name on the chat every 5 seconds and becomes unidentifiable.
    edited July 19
    Yes
    @Gold44 All BBO accounts definitely have some sort of invisible ID, or else name changes would force you to create a new account if your username was your only identifier. Solution: just make the IDs visible like in BBG!

Edit: List of past usernames and a limit of one change per day/week/whatever would help keep chatspammers down.
    No
    Sounds like it would work!
    Also my point can still stand, with the way BBO was made and is today, name changes for gems (although 40 is quite a lot) were necessary, so unless SkyVu are prepared to slightly modify the system to a way similar to that shown above, the name change for gems system should stand.
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 912 Corporal
    Yes
    Also it was very unfair that BBG has free name change and BBO has price for name change.
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • Soo__heySoo__hey Member Posts: 324 Underlord 2016
    Yes
    Like most others have said, list of past names and ID system is required IMO for the name changes to be free.
    SSS
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,306 Noble
    edited July 20
    Yes
    A good idea(after removing the price for changing a name) would be a id system or a past names(as spoken of before me).Imo it would be cool if I wanted to change my name without having to waste a couple of gems that I can use to save up for weapons or skins.
    No
    The system also means each username is more important to a user.
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,424 Fabled
    No
    capitalism 4ever
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg