Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Let's talk about all of this.

InstableGriffInstableGriff Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 1,318 Sergeant
I've been wanting to make this kind of thread again for more than a few months now. I always felt the need to just do something, anything, to get my thoughts out, but each time I've tried, I never knew where to start and simply gave up. I think I now realize that in this point of time, that's exactly the thing to open a thread like this with because it's strikingly similar to our current situation:

We don't know where to start from here, we don't know where we're going, and as a whole, we're all really close to just giving up.

The Battle Bears franchise has almost always been a bumpy ride ever since before BB Royale released. After a good few updates, it became easy for some people to notice that SkyVu weren't entirely living up to the promises they made on their old blog. To this day, quite a bit of content remains unpresent and only as simple concept art sketches. Six years later, despite all of the attempts to fix this, the situation is now so bad that literally none of us have any solid idea what they're going to do next and a good majority of us now think that they're not even going to do anything at all.

We all saw this coming, but at the same time, we didn't. We were saying that it'd eventually get to this point, but a lot of us still had hope in the back of our minds that maybe, out of nowhere, they'd instantly fix their act and put out something to make Battle Bears a huge success again. That hope is now entirely gone for almost the whole community... or should I say, what's left of it. As I'm sure we're all aware, this forum is now nothing more than a ghost town, a mere tiny shadow of its former self. Nearly all of the relevant members who were once active either almost or exactly every single day are now barren profiles, most of our beloved moderators and all of our administrators have rightfully moved on with their lives, the bare few oldies that still remain aren't nearly as active as in the past (some of which now almost entirely only communicate in a sarcastic meme language to poke fun at this place's state of abandonment), and of course, not a single member from SkyVu has touched this website since February 19.

The only things we are still getting are incredibly mediocre BBG updates. Nothing else has been touched for long periods of time, in some cases even years. The Storyline is no more than a distant memory, this forum hasn't been visually updated in ages, BBO remains a playable abandoned relic, concept art of new content and possibly new games will forever only be kept deep in the shelves of SkyVu's headquarters, the Battle Bears movie might never become a reality, and so many more things will only remain either completely untouched or a mystery to us.

Thankfully, the servers for both BBG and BBO are still alive and the former is particularly still surprisingly active in-game, but I personally fear they won't be up for much longer. I think SkyVu has neglected this franchise long enough that they're most likely now considering shutting down everything relating to it, but we don't know when; it could be any minute of any day now. If any of you out there are thinking about getting back into either one or both of these games, I advise you to act upon it now before it's too late.

I think the purpose of this thread's existence is simply to get us talking about these things. What do we do? Where do we go from here? How do we react to any of this? Is there something we should try to do, or should we leave things as they are and just wait for the inevitable moment of shutdown? How would you personally respond to this? How do you feel about it? Just some things to think about as we continue to sit around this place hoping for something to surface.

I don't know what to put here anymore, so I think I'll just spend the rest of this thread riding on my emotions.

I miss the Storyline games. I'm still beyond desperate to see what happens when Oliver, Riggs, and most of the rest of the Battle Bears land on the Huggable Planet following the events of -1. I still want a Battle Bears 2. I want to see characters like Nyx, the HIP Administrator, Astoria, Graham, Botch, B-1000, Saberi, Dark OCO, and so many others be properly introduced into the canon for us to discover who they truly are and what they're like. I want the gameplay from -1 to be hugely expanded upon and made into even more of an incredible, timeless, and infinitely replayable experience than it already was. I want the Huggables to be relevant characters again. I want to see that classic art style back in full force. I want more cutscenes. I want Battle Bears to return to its roots and for it to be once again known as way more than just a duo of online multiplayer shooters.

I miss Battle Bears Ultimate. Give it back. Get rid of its BBO incarnation and return this game to its rightful state. I miss actually having fun with this game. I miss clans. I particularly miss the clan I was once part of, Dr. MilkyWay's Dark Army. I miss Ranked Mode and the Leaderboards. I miss the old maps. I miss the Kill Token system. I miss my Sandbags. I miss when we were allowed to get on top of the Neo-Omaha blimp. I miss communicating with my team and taunting. I miss hanging around with my dearest friends. I miss taking part in its incredible but awfully short-lived legacy. I wish the launch wasn't so horrible that it led the developers to believe that the game will forever be a failure in their eyes. It's not a failure. Give it a chance the right way.

I miss what I personally believe to be the true Battle Bears Gold experience. I miss spamming the team communication buttons. I miss being able to use them while I'm dead. I miss the BBG Skype and Discord voice call sessions. I miss getting meaningful new weapons. I miss getting new skins. I miss getting entirely new maps. I miss getting new modes. I miss Oliver's old Melee animation. I miss when some weapons were actually good. I miss knowing that the developers were checking our feedback and incorporating it into balance changes. I miss actually being able to get 8 players into a custom match without any kind of glitch mostly preventing that. I miss encountering and playing with my fellow forumers almost all the time. I miss being able to easily skip the advertisement after the match ends. I wish people played Plant the Bomb more. I miss actually anticipating new updates and thinking we'll get great stuff. I'm able to still have fun with this game in its current state, but no matter what, it will never be as incredible as it was before.

Most of all, I miss this community. I miss when this website wasn't empty and didn't give off vibes of lost memories and pure despair. I miss when there were more than 20 members online at a time. I miss when there was a new activity post every time I reloaded the activity page. I miss when people were making actually meaningful threads. I miss when people were actually contributing to said meaningful discussions. I miss our long-gone moderators. I miss when SkyVu members were consistently active and making threads teasing us at what was to come. I miss when more than 50 members would come online whenever SkyVu made an announcement. I miss the contests and events. I miss when people made matchmaking threads for BBG and BBU. I miss when most people actually liked each other. I miss when we weren't constantly discussing the past and were instead focusing on the future and dreaming of how we as a community could one day possibly grow.

I miss you.

If any member of SkyVu is actually reading this, I feel you should know that I am disappointed in you guys for not communicating with us, constantly leaving us in the dark for several months at a time, making promises that seem like they'll never be fulfilled, and telling us meaningless things when you actually do show up and immediately repeating the cycle of silence afterwards.

If you don't care about this community and/or your franchise anymore, please just be honest and act upon it; tell us. Don't keep us speculating. If this is the case, please just sell the Battle Bears IP. I'm now absolutely positive it's the only way we can be happy, including you guys. With the worry of having to work on Battle Bears to keep us happy entirely off your backs, you folks can focus working on what you dream of doing, you can gather enough money and resources from the purchase to go down the path you've always wanted to go while someone else deals with pleasing us.

If you guys do actually care about us and your series, let us truly know; show, don't tell. Show at least one thing, anything, relating to what you're working on so we actually know that you're doing it. Most people here can't bring themselves to trust text anymore. Please actually help us manage this forum and make it a better place; we can't revive a community, your fanbase, on our own. If you show us and your franchise some love, we'll love you guys back. We'll all be happy together, just like we used to, so please, if you guys do care, make an effort to help us and yourselves.

I'll go back to lurking now.

Comments

• NYCONYCO Member Posts: 989 Corporal
    If I had the ability to spam the insightful reaction.... I would!

Damn. You have wrote an extremely emotional thread!

All of what you said is in my mind before and right now.
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
  • DujuranDujuran Member Posts: 1,888 Underlord 2016
    Spam skyvu on twitter with a link to this thread since it describes a lot of what people think/feel, they do go on the twitter sometimes so it's the only chance we have. Not even emails reach skyvu anymore.
    SSS
  • Gold44Gold44 Member Posts: 187 Recruit
    Dujuran wrote: »
    Spam skyvu on twitter with a link to this thread since it describes a lot of what people think/feel, they do go on the twitter sometimes so it's the only chance we have. Not even emails reach skyvu anymore.

Yes the twitter is what they present as their public image of themselves, on their twitter they portray themselves as a really caring company, talking to 'their fans' and giving away free t-shirts. They also always reply to messages on that.

However if your proposing that we publicly spam their threads with a forums link that might lead to them closing the forums down for good.

I think somebody should maybe set a back up plan incase the forums is shut down ever, like where to redirect all the fans.

Also, you know how they are making their new website (mentioned in a thread, and on the twitter) Maybe when they have set up the their new website, (which was said to contain the forums) they will become active again.

And finally since SkyVu is no longer part of the forums, maybe we should change a few things.
  • Soo__heySoo__hey Member Posts: 312 Underlord 2016
    edited July 17
    There's only so much that we can do.

IMO, everything that we could have done has been done. It's up to SkyVu now to make a difference.
    SSS
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 688 Corporal
    edited July 17
    bepis
    PM Starc or kik Starc if u want to join BR clan in BBO (Battle Bears Overclock)
    Kik: .starc

PM RedHero or kik RedHero if you want to join BR clan in BBG (Battle Bears Gold)
    Kik: Jkf324

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines

http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

@Starc
    @RedHero
    Bear Raiders Owners
  • smtonysmtony Member Posts: 484 Recruit
    I wish that they knew how desperate we are at saving their company and with this non-comunication, it's very heart breaking.
    nfa6ozvkhf2j.gif
    Now on to the story...
    edited July 17
    smtony wrote: »
    I wish that they knew how desperate we are at saving their company and with this non-comunication, it's very heart breaking.

Stop being sad everyday about BBU.
    When something is gone, it will NEVER come back.
    Get over it

PM RedHero or kik RedHero if you want to join BR clan in BBG (Battle Bears Gold)

http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

@Starc
    @RedHero
    Bear Raiders Owners
    edited July 17
    Starc wrote: »
    bepis
    smtony wrote: »

Stop being sad everyday about BBU.
    When something is gone, it will NEVER come back.
    Get over it

You complain at someone (smtony) for something they didn't even mention (BBU) yet before you didn't add anything to the conversation since you're salty over the fact your favourite game sucks (BBO).
    Hell this conversation isn't even just about bbg (it mainly is because 11 million accounts definitely trumps bbo's not even 1 million.) it's about bb in general (i mean look at it's category).
    Do you not see how infuriating it is to see someone never use activity, complain at people for something (complaining about BBU) and then do the same for another game (complaining about BBO) and then try to be "cool" by using "bepis" like freesh or SSS despite not knowing what either even means?
    Ik this is an overreaction to 2 measely comments but since we're on the whole letting things out i think it would be nice to describe my constant annoyance with random **** no one cares about, hypocrisy and in general contradictory and in general infuriating comments.
    SSS
  • FreeshFreesh Member Posts: 5,404 Fabled
    guys i'm have big anoucemet cuoasz I jus buyed skinvu 4 1 milion dolar & teres VR sets evrywere & i aksed 1 o dem wat a badle bare wos & tehy sed dey dunt kno
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,561 Fabled
    Guys, guys, let's not start a fight now... I fear it could make the situation even worse.
  • ImapeaceadvocateImapeaceadvocate Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 120 Recruit
    I agree with you @InstableGriff. I've gotten back on the forums and BBG the past two weeks or so and I'm glad I did, even if both things are shells of their former selves. I'm playing BBG and I'm squeezing as much enjoyment out of it as I possibly can while I still can. I don't know what kind of power we have though to change anything about the situation. SkyVu has let us down and we really can't make them do otherwise. Maybe a link on their twitter to this post isn't a half bad idea so long as you don't spam it.
    Pirate wrote: »
    Guys, guys, let's not start a fight now... I fear it could make the situation even worse.

it can't get any worse, hell he even saw the post and made absolutely no reply like he always does can you not see how it's annoying day after day?
    SSS

it can't get any worse, hell he even saw the post and made absolutely no reply like he always does can you not see how it's annoying day after day?

Who's he?

@Starc
    @RedHero
    Bear Raiders Owners

I know that... I've been observing everything.
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,279 Noble
    zm6mgipihdbl.png
    It is said SkyVu Ben had a “master plan”...but given the history of SkyVu’s empty promises,there is not a lot of hope of the reviving of the Battle Bears games,along with the community.The trust that many people had in SkyVu is long gone after one too many promises that were never fufilled..
    edited July 17
    "Masterplan"... yeah, sure... Until they don't speak, I won't trust fully.
  • TheShiningStarletteTheShiningStarlette Member Posts: 2,174 War Hero
    What if skyvu actually had this master plan, and on the day we least expect it they make some huge updates or something?

What if skyvu actually lurked the forums as a member? :0

What if skyvu was actually a.... never mind I'll go back to being gone for another year.
    im not shiny anymore sorry

Who's he?
    You
    SSS
  • Gold44Gold44 Member Posts: 187 Recruit
    edited July 18
    Looks like pretty much everyone remaining on the forum left a reaction
  • _Häwkëyë__Häwkëyë_ Member Posts: 320 Recruit
    23 reactions that must be a record!
    Gj @InstableGriff
  • NYCONYCO Member Posts: 989 Corporal
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
  • AlphaAlpha Member Posts: 573 Corporal
    edited July 19
    I feel at this point we should move on. Unless something really manages to bring back publicity to battle bears, we are mostly just complaining about now and hoping for the good old days.
    I miss the old days as much as any other older member but the situation now is radio silence.
    Part of me wishes now there was more to the storyline and BB as a whole.
    Buff Buzz Kill.
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,899 Exalted
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,279 Noble
    23 reactions that must be a record!
    Gj @InstableGriff

Certainly a record in 2017 of the battle bears forums.
  • _Häwkëyë__Häwkëyë_ Member Posts: 320 Recruit
    NYCO wrote: »

Holy moly!

@Starc
    @RedHero
    Bear Raiders Owners
  • eXTCyeXTCy Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,463 Underlord 2016
    ded game.
  • AlphaAlpha Member Posts: 573 Corporal
    edited July 21
    #BringBackBBZ
    Buff Buzz Kill.
  • FreeshFreesh Member Posts: 5,404 Fabled
    and now ur an allstar
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • ArchangelArchangel Member Posts: 1,340 Sergeant
    Right in the feels, I miss the community the most.
    [img][/img]B3748E33-42B2-4903-80BE-A35FC3EDCD6E.jpg
  • ArchangelArchangel Member Posts: 1,340 Sergeant
    But unless Skyvu makes an epic comeback none of the oldies will return..most of them have just moved on to other things in life..the only hope is a new generation of players but for that Skyvu needs to develope a product that attracts people.
    [img][/img]B3748E33-42B2-4903-80BE-A35FC3EDCD6E.jpg
  • PatriusPatrius Member Posts: 2,668 Noble
    edited 7:35AM
    There's nothing whatsoever enticing about Battle Bears to bring back the old playerbase or even a flood of new players to make this game successful as it was several years ago now. Pretty much SkyVu fked up and the only reason many of us pop back into the forum/game is to checkup on things like once per year. Personally, I've moved on with my life and have no intention of coming back to this abandoned shipwreck of a series unless SkyVu drastically changes their mindset and planning behind their whole company and games. But obviously- no matter how much they promise big updates etc- this won't be happening hahahah. I used to love Battle Bears (as did many others) and it had so much potential to be a premier game today but that potential is long gone and all that remains are the shrivels of happy memories. Good luck in the future SkyVu because you WILL need it.
    Hi fellow dank memers,
    The way of the meme is life and not a choice.
    Someday m'ladies may recognize this too.
    In due time, forever your bae, and always with love!
    ~Patrius