Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Thread-

AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,409 Noble
I honestly feel that 99% of all new threads are extraordinarily cancerous. Just gonna make a new thread here to break up that pattern a little bit.

So how is everyone? All two of you? Things seem awfully silent around here and I think it's safe to say that this place has a had a large impact on many of us over the years. Unfortunately it seems that while other corners of the community aren't QUITE as dead, they too are shadows of what they once were. But clearly if you are reading this thread you're still alive (but probably barely).

I suppose i just wanted a place to regroup with some older faces and avoid the obnoxious new threads. For reasons still unknown i actually check this forum somewhat often and i have grown tired of low quality threads. I would prefer that new users such as Starc keep their 'contributions' to a minimum because i'm really more interested in seeing old members that lurk. I see new members quite a bit.

But i will not make this a COMPLETE waste of a thread, although to be honest, if i did it wouldn't be any different from 95% of recent threads. So i will say that if you have any interest in keeping up with people from this community even after the games have died, their are active groups on Kik that you can find. Many of you are probably well aware but i would just like to make sure that those of you who are lonely can perhaps find a place on Kik to talk about these games (if by some miracle you still play) or to people who used to play them.

But otherwise, i'm making a thread for random discussion in hope that i can see some people i don't normally see anymore and have a genuinely non-cancerous thread. We can start off with good news, such as the fact that party rockin huggy is still in the top tags, and that UB has been banned.
OKY was here

Comments

• StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,024 Sergeant
    edited July 6
    so r u saying that u r tired and sick of people being inactive or or their threads???????
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,409 Noble
    Starc wrote: »
    so r u saying that u r tired and sick of people being inactive or or their threads???????

Their threads. The former is just natural, but i just want to talk to someone i haven't talked to in a long time. Their are many people in this community who were friends of mine that i have not conversed with in many ages. This is my hope that perhaps they will see this.

However, i know that i will likely not get the response i am looking for and am wasting my breath.
    OKY was here
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,024 Sergeant
    oh ok, so ur just missing ur friends?? if yes, eat scrambled eggs :D
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • NYCONYCO Member Posts: 1,041 Sergeant
    jyp1p9h6cjdy.jpg
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,925 Exalted
    Getting back on topic... Hi @AbsoluteZero ! Life has been good so far, busy with school, work, and lots of interesting things. I still enjoy BBG casually as a good de-stress kind of game to wind down with or to play for an hour when I'm tired. Its deep equipment system is as entertaining as ever to me. I've given up all hope like practically everyone else in the community, but just like I enjoy revisiting old games, I can still unashamedly find enjoyment in this one, especially after investing so much effort into it years ago. What are you up to nowadays?
  • _Lachy__Lachy_ Member Posts: 2,280 War Hero
    Some people here don't know how a forum works, although we don't really have as many people on these days.
    I find myself looking at old threads from years ago and seeing tons of reactions on them and many views and such. Some people on this forum need to learn how to use a forum and to stop spamming pointless threads with polls or replying to your thread multiple times in a row for 'updates' when you can just edit the main post with an update log.
    Lets be real here, I don't think this place will much last longer, unless SkyVu comes back and starts advertising all their games and updating them as well. But in saying that we should use the rest of the time here well. (NOT SPAMMING POINTLESS THREADS *insert person here that spams threads*
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 1,992 Underlord 2016
    ^yeah and the people who just say "SSS" on activity all the time
    Wait a second
    https://discord.gg/fy47wPw bb discord server
    SSS
  • PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,584 Fabled
    Well, hello there. Life has been the usual for me too. I still find myself playing the story games once in a while. Except for my usual lack of sleep, nothing new under the sun from me.
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,409 Noble
    Getting back on topic... Hi @AbsoluteZero ! Life has been good so far, busy with school, work, and lots of interesting things. I still enjoy BBG casually as a good de-stress kind of game to wind down with or to play for an hour when I'm tired. Its deep equipment system is as entertaining as ever to me. I've given up all hope like practically everyone else in the community, but just like I enjoy revisiting old games, I can still unashamedly find enjoyment in this one, especially after investing so much effort into it years ago. What are you up to nowadays?

Yeah seems like most of us joined the community when we were young, and now many of us have grown up some. In a couple of years the average forumer will probably like 20 lol. As for me, i don't play the games anymore but I would if they were what they used to be and/or more active. I'm fairly busy myself but mobile games don't really take a lot of time. Of course i've changed with age but all of us have. Just most of us don't talk anymore so we wouldn't know the difference. I'm going into my senior year which is weird in context because i started playing bb in sixth grade. I suppose it's always been there as i go through school, no matter how weird that is. Last time i played bbg it wasn't awful, it was still kinda fun but it wasn't quite what is used to be. I preferred the earlier versions of bbg because they felt less cluttered and more balanced. But i can still understand playing it as it can still be pretty fun.
    _Lachy_ wrote: »
    Some people here don't know how a forum works, although we don't really have as many people on these days.
    I find myself looking at old threads from years ago and seeing tons of reactions on them and many views and such. Some people on this forum need to learn how to use a forum and to stop spamming pointless threads with polls or replying to your thread multiple times in a row for 'updates' when you can just edit the main post with an update log.
    Lets be real here, I don't think this place will much last longer, unless SkyVu comes back and starts advertising all their games and updating them as well. But in saying that we should use the rest of the time here well. (NOT SPAMMING POINTLESS THREADS *insert person here that spams threads*

I think this place will last much longer. Active? Maybe not, but still around. Skyvu's chatango website is still up, and even though it hasn't been truly active in a couple years, it's still around. The forum will probably be around, but in a depressing state for years. Unless of course Skyvu shuts down.
    Pirate wrote: »
    Well, hello there. Life has been the usual for me too. I still find myself playing the story games once in a while. Except for my usual lack of sleep, nothing new under the sun from me.

The story games have been the only thing to never change. They are what they always were, which is actually pretty sweet. They aren't as fun as the multiplayer games in my opinion, but they were still fun and an essential part of the community. It's nice to see that they are still around and playable, and battle bears backpack is newt to revisit now and then too.
    OKY was here
  • PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,584 Fabled
    @AbsoluteZero Which reminds me... someone should screenshot the BB Backpack's art too, the comic in there got a few differences from the actual BB comic app. Like coloring style and minor changes in the dialogues.