Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by Ben Vu: https://discord.gg/yHFDVYq
False alarm; Vanilla was finally willing to cooperate at the last minute and now the forum will continue to stay up! No need to fear anymore, apologies for all the concern.
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

TOP CHANGES BBG

LAITERZLAITERZ Member Posts: 786 Corporal
edited April 27 in BB GOLD
I have been testing different characters and different weapons to see what should be balanced/fixed and I've found some problems:

- Mamba's boy has the shortest lock time and more damage than when it came out, but we already have weapons like that: viperifle, deadeye, etc, so I don't know if everyone will agree with me but I would decrease its damage and increase its fire rate, since when it came out its fresh characteristics made many people love it and nowadays practically noone uses it.

- Fix Snowtato Launcher's glitch, I know some people won't agree on this, I know some people think you can "adapt" to the glitch and get over it making yourself even stronger than you'd be without it, but you have to be Indiana Jones to do that. I don't know about you guys but the fact that you can't shoot at the avg fire rate on the same spot more than 3 times makes me mad, and suiciding even more :'(

- BUFF Crossbow!!! I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed it but nobody uses this weapon, and when I tried it I experienced how little damage it does to your opponents and how weak you become when you use it, so maybe increase its damage a little bit? If you guys know any trick to use it efficiently please let me know

- BUFF Parashoot!! Feels like it's too hard to hit someone, and when you do, it does not even do much damage so it an be really tiring to try killing someone with it, same here, if you know a good way of using it let me know!!

- BUFF double rainbow!! it is kinda dead now... I'd like to use it more, but there are other primaries that are just better so there's no point ...

- I feel like engineer feels a little bit weak comparing it to other classes, do you think so too? If you do, why do you think it is?

- And last but not least: fix the melee retarded period of action so that when you hit a character you are ACTUALLY HITTING HIM/HER!

As you guys can see I only want buffs apart from other general changes, because I think some weapons/characters that were OP are now perfectly fine and we cannot nerf them anymore, so I think for the game to be balanced we just need to buff some things and it will be on point. If you don't agree with this, you can just expose your opinion but don't start arguing please.

Also, for more weapons, skins, game modes, etc to arrive, my thought is that we need to keep working to make the game as balanced as possible until it's close to perfection before more new things are implemented,

Thanks for reading <3
"Every time I've failed, people had me out for the count, but I always come back."

Comments

• thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,330 Noble
    I agree with most of the things you said,but I just want to point out what I think
    -Snowtato launcher doesn't have a "glitch".It was built that way so that it wouldn't be the same as senor potatoe.When the snowtato is fired,there is a slight "lingering" effect that happens that block explosive projectiles.Couple with the big aoe,it can be seen as helpful for teamates,or helpful to counter any explosives using enemy.However,this makes it tricky to use(as intended),since the lingering effects of snowtato cause a snowtato projectile to prematurely explode.Anyway this was a purposeful addition designed to make the user be careful of each shot and it's positioning,making it more skill oriented.A good playstyle would be to use caff or ts bootsto help maximize the potential area of which you can hit(think rushing around the enemy while using snowtato,or using the extra height advantage from ts boots to land shots in different places).
    -Crossbow,believe it or not,is quite feasible.A charged shot is capable of dealing 180 damage,but the hit detection and damage confirmation is a HUGE problem.I would "buff" this weapon by increasing it's aoe or doing some debugging on this weapon.
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,007 Underlord 2016
    everyone agrees with the mambas boy getting something like it's original stats because capital pains market down is a very headshot based weapon and we don't need 2 of those.
    snowtato's glitch is where each shot makes the amount of time before it explodes decrease from the 1st having no restriction to the last where it lasts so little it explodes on you
    crossbow suffers massively from hit detection and damage spread because of the uncharged shots i believe.
    like big iron, parashoot is a small projectile and becomes impossible to hit people because of hit detection.
    engineer is very strong with the right equipments, but since you need equips to work it becomes very restricting, he also has problems with prox mines and turrets not having a det button like bbr as well as strafing problems.
    melees suffer from hit detection, try melee-ing from where they're going to rather then where they are.

a lot of nerfs still need to happen but already nerfed weapons are fine or need a minor change.
    SSS
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,438 Fabled
    maybe the should just closed the server becos theres onl,y 5 player online
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • LAITERZLAITERZ Member Posts: 786 Corporal
    Oh wow I didn't know that thing that we all thought was a "glitch" is not :D well I will try mastering it then because I know it is not a bad option, it is a nice weapon but sometimes it gets really hard to use but anyway, thanks for the information. It's good to know. Also, yeah crossbow can deal a high amount of damage but it's just what you say, its AOE or something needs to be buffed because it is imposible to use it in an efficient way the way it is right now. @thecheeselover
    "Every time I've failed, people had me out for the count, but I always come back."
    @Dujuran yeah but even with Big Iron I don't have that much of a problem. Parashoot is way more difficult to use it's crazy :s and yeah I do melee at where they're going but still... I would like to melee them instead of meleeing air hahaha I hope they fix it
    edited April 28
    Also guys I forgot, they need to create these skins for BBG: Power Ranger and Hitman, they look freakin' awesome1a969lf8xvql.png
    :)
    And the peagun too!
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,330 Noble
    edited April 29
    LAITERZ wrote: »
    Also guys I forgot, they need to create these skins for BBG: Power Ranger and Hitman, they look freakin' awesome1a969lf8xvql.png
    :)
    And the peagun too!

Maybe the skins are going to be in the new update ;)
    perhaps even the peashooter would make it
    you never know ;)
  • Assassins_AceAssassins_Ace Member Posts: 222 Recruit
    Does double rainbow still de-activate when you melee? I don't remember if they ever changed it haven't played that primary since royale. But if it doesn't already then it would be cool to see how double rainbow would be if you can also use melee with it. Might make it OP or might be the push that it needs to compete with the other primaries.
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,007 Underlord 2016
    Does double rainbow still de-activate when you melee? I don't remember if they ever changed it haven't played that primary since royale. But if it doesn't already then it would be cool to see how double rainbow would be if you can also use melee with it. Might make it OP or might be the push that it needs to compete with the other primaries.

It does get cancelled during melee.
    SSS
    I hope so!!!! @thecheeselover
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,438 Fabled
    they should give pop tart shuruken 900 ammonition
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg