BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/yHFDVYq
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Dear Forum,

Cat_GodCat_God Member Posts: 299 Recruit
What do you do when you're an old coot who knows nothing about the current battle bears? I haven't logged in for 4 years. Send help. Please.

Comments

• MavockinMavockin Member Posts: 794 Corporal
    Dude BB is dead. Just dont bother and move on. Play cool stuff like LoL or Overwatch or Vainglory or so
    44WqQzi.jpg
  • PiratePirate Member, MVP Posts: 29,597 Fabled
    Dead or not, the servers are still up, so if you want to play it's possible.
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,926 Exalted
    Whew, that's a name I haven't seen in a while! Like the guys up above said, the BB franchise is practically dead right now unfortunately, but BB Gold is still active and I still find it fun to play casually.
  • InstableGriffInstableGriff Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 1,335 Sergeant
    edited December 2016
    Throughout these past four years, BB Royale (now known as BB Gold) got a lot of updates, BB Ultimate was released, taken down, and then re-released as BB Overclock, that got one or two updates, there has not been a Storyline game since BB Zero, and every hope from the community since then has become an impossibility. I'm just gonna copy/paste what I said on an Activity post a while ago to help you out:

Places VR is SkyVu's latest creation, which has apparently been in development since 2015 and is getting closer to release. It is a communication app (I stress, NOT a game) that's meant to be used with one of those ultra-expensive Virtual Reality headsets that you might be hearing about everywhere. You use your capabilities to customize your spaces and talk to friends, I guess...? That's all we currently know about the actual app itself.

Places VR is exactly why SkyVu seems to have abandoned not only this Forum, but the entire Battle Bears franchise. According to an article we've discovered a while ago, the company's focus has shifted from gaming to other forms of media due to how competitive the mobile gaming market has become.

As a result of this shift of focus, SkyVu has effectively been ignoring its entire community for six whole months and counting, more than half a year at the time of this writing. Both BBG and BBO have not gotten a single content update in this amount of time, there has not been official news of anything relating to Battle Bears besides the new website supposedly being worked on, they haven't been managing the Forum in any way, and they have not been answering any questions about what's going on. Because of this, the overall Battle Bears community and this Forum are slowly falling apart; well-known players from both online games and notable Forum lurkers alike are leaving in masses, threads are rarely being made, Activity has become a shadow of its former self, both online games are becoming ghost towns, people who continue to stay behind can only reflect on the past because there isn't anything else to talk about, clear assumptions are being made left and right that SkyVu is only leading itself to its death due to how ridiculously low the demographic for VR is, and it's even gotten to the point where our own moderators are starting to bail.

So yeah, we are in a state of crisis at the moment. As mentioned above, the servers for both online games, BBG and BBO, are still alive if you want to play around with either of them, but besides that, the franchise as a whole is pretty much completely dead. You might as well enjoy these last few moments now, because if nothing happens within the next few months, I can guarantee that we'll all probably be gone.
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,252 Fabled
    Even with stuff like this going on, it's good to see you
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,331 Noble
    Current state of bb in a nutshell:
    Game is still fun to play casually but the competitive landscape is a wasteland,with some people lurking here and there(applies to bbg and bbo)

Skyvu has neglected bb for places vr,a thing designed to allow you envision how to place your furniture or host meetings or something like that
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,008 Underlord 2016
    There are 2 current games shooter wise:
    Battle bears gold (battle bears royale but improved except in balance)
    Battle bears overclock (a more futuristic BBR)

You probably also missed battle bears Ø which is basically the next story game after -1 which came out in 2013

As for what you should do i recommend getting tips from competitive/good casual players in either game if you're thinking of returning to the games
    SSS
  • NYCONYCO Member Posts: 1,054 Sergeant
    The BattleBears Community is starting to die... I'm here to the end but I really hope the death of BattleBears does not become a reality.
    "Lupin III is fabulous!" [Not.Your.Common.Opponent.] 2/25/16
    76561198147792612.png
    @NYCO if they still do server maintenance I don't think it's going to die that soon. If the games were truly dead, then we wouldn't even be able to get online at all.
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 419 Recruit
    @Pirate we mean no one plays them anymore
    @_Häwkëyë_ It might not be as popular as in the origins, true. Yet there's still an amount of players that keeps it alive.