BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Unofficial Beginner's Guide For Battle Bears Overclock (Updated for Version 1.1.1 April 20th)

CantTouchThisCantTouchThis Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,737 Exalted
edited April 2016 in BB OVERCLOCK
Welcome Battle Bears Fans! With the increasing wave of new players everyday, there are constant questions such as "How do I earn gems?", "How do I create armor?", and many others. While this guide is not perfect by any means, it will better your understanding of the game and will make your experience more pleasurable. Of course this is a work in progress so feel free to post any questions or feedback on how I can improve this and please do correct me if I made any mistakes. Also apologize if this is a little long.

Any changes and additions will be highlighted in Aquamarine.

To help navigate the guide simply press CTRL + F and type in the section number below. Or you can press the link to direct you to a specific chapter.

Chapter 1: Getting Started
1.1 Controls
1.2 Join/Create Matches
1.3 Chat Channel
1.4 Obtaining Gems
1.5 Profile Tab
1.6 Settings
1.7 Chests
1.8 Missions

Chapter 2: Equip Menu
2.1 Heroes
2.2 Skins
2.3 Weapons
2.4 Armor
2.5 Abilities
2.6 Backpacks/Augments

Chapter 3: Weapons
3.1 Assault Rifle
3.2 Sniper Rifle
3.3 Sub-Machine Gun (SMG)
3.4 Machine Gun
3.5 Shotgun
3.6 Rocket Launcher
3.7 Standard
3.8 Futuristic
3.9 Steampunk
3.10 Goo
3.11 Unique

Chapter 4: Tips and Tricks
4.1 Update Changes Click here to jump there.

cttsignature_zps874fa2bd.png

Comments

• CantTouchThisCantTouchThis Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,737 Exalted
    edited February 2016
    reserved~
  • CantTouchThisCantTouchThis Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,737 Exalted
    ~Be free my child~
  • Hug_of_WarHug_of_War Member Posts: 1,276 Sergeant
    SSP_Rism wrote: »
    I feel bad for you
    Typing so much, planning, getting screenshots etc

It's saving everyone else the time and energy in the future of answering these questions.
    Thanks for the guide. This should be pinned.
  • snwhlesnwhle Member Posts: 38 Recruit
    Thanks for this, hope this gets pinned.
  • nishtennishten Member Posts: 148 Recruit
    @CantTouchThis did u do this much work in school??
  • nishtennishten Member Posts: 148 Recruit
    @CantTouchThis I would like to say something deeply from my heart....

No one's even gonna waste time reading...
    I just bet. You could have done my homework instead. BTW if anyones reading all this and it helps them then you are to be thanked... Nice work
    edited February 2016
    @SSP_Rism Gathering information, getting screenshots, everything about it was effortless and I do not regret it one bit. It's funny how writing for something you are passionate on is incredibly easy once you start going and before you know it, words are appearing on the page faster than I can comprehend.

@InstableGriff Haha sorry for taking your idea of making a guide. I figured I could give you a rest given how much you've contributed already to the BBO community. If you want to help improve the guide, by any means speak up!

@nishten This was done yesterday but I didn't post it until today due to timing and needing to make a few edits. Yeah, you're probably right but if at least one person learned something from this, then I have already completed my goal.

That said thank you guys for the support. I'm happy to know that this won't go to waste. Feel free to post your advice and contributions. I want to make this a community contributed guide instead of just contributing myself. There's stuff I probably missed and additional stuff I could add in like map strategies and etc. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Rand00mRand00m Member Posts: 465 Recruit
    edited February 2016
    I read it all & I have to say, respect! @CantTouchThis, amazing guide & that only 2 weeks after the hard launch released! As @InstableGriff said: 'I'll certainly be reading it a lot, just for the fun of it.'

Thank you for your effort!
    I'm on the mobile version, so I can't see others their signatures, anyways, have fun with mine!
  • massengrabmassengrab Member Posts: 22 Recruit
    Incredible! Nice work CTT :)
    If you see me coming, run as fast as you can.
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,445 Fabled
    I have a Level 3 Hunter augment that gives 15% critical damage and 6% crit chance, it seems like the secret ones are combinations of existing ones.
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
    Boop
  • Oops_killed_yaOops_killed_ya Banned, Trial Moderator, SkyVu Beta Tester, member Posts: 730 Corporal
    Looking great CTT! Heck, I might even read the darn thing. Side note, this possibly could been aggregated to the BB wiki instead, but it suits the forums for the newcomers. Cheers!
    I'm OKY also known as Oops killed ya. I'm a proud ex-coleader of DL and currently in Storm Eight clan v4. In BBO, I also went by the name of "Greendragon0107".
    Youtube
    Everyplay
    Twitter
    SkyVu Zendesk Support

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Zor was here
  • WraithWraith Member Posts: 327 Recruit
    edited February 2016
    @CantTouchThis seriously man you deserve a lot of Awesomes, Likes, Vote up, and all sorts of badges. You could write a lot of Essays with that time.
    Other than that congratulations on showing the tutorial here CTT, awesome work!!
  • eXTCyeXTCy Member, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,467 Underlord 2016
    I was going to do this a while ago, back in nov for soft launch.
    Got lazy. Good job man.
  • AbareKillerAbareKiller Member Posts: 5,617 Underlord 2016
    Awesome and well organized! This is really good, new players will no doubt be glad when they find this.
    29iMAym.jpg Literally the best music to ever enter my life.
    edited March 2016
    Updated for Version 2.8. As usual let me know if I'm missing anything or if I made any errors. Thank you guys for the support!
  • SpectrumXIVSpectrumXIV Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,034 Noble
    CTT you're the most dedicated person I know 0: Good job
    What you learn today will change what you are tomorrow. Put your heart into what you're doing, or you'll spend your life never changing and never moving. -14_SP3CTRUM
  • ClinkzboneClinkzbone Member Posts: 3,257 Noble
    "The basic backpack can be purchased with Coins but it only provides one augment slot. The other backpacks however provide two augment slots but they can only be obtained through Exclusive Chests."

Actually, the Adventure Backpack can also be purchased with Gems/Coins.
    chrysalis_gif_by_rodrigues404-d8iinuu.gif
    @Clinkzbone Thanks for the heads up. Skyvu must've changed the price of the Adventure backpack with the update. Do you know its current cost in gams/coins?

@SpectrumXIV Haha I don't know about that. I can think of a few others but thank you :D
    @CantTouchThis 100 Gems/8000 Gold.
    @CantTouchThis I'm only getting 3 Gems per video, is it just me or did they change it?
    @Clinkzbone Fixed, and I added the limitations for ad videos as well.
    There's another max augment called Greed which gives +Gold% but -Damage%
    KV-2-1940.jpg
    @FreshFeesh Do you know its percentages for level 5?
    No, but I think it gives +14% Gold and -6% health at level 3
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • SpectrumXIVSpectrumXIV Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,034 Noble
    Wasn't the Social Butterfly a special weapon in BBU that was unlocked through some social network actions? I remember getting it, is it still like that or is it only available through chests now
    What you learn today will change what you are tomorrow. Put your heart into what you're doing, or you'll spend your life never changing and never moving. -14_SP3CTRUM
    edited March 2016
    @SpectrumXIV It was like that back in BBU where linking your account to Facebook would automatically give you the weapon. Now you can directly purchase social butterfly from Astoria's Unique weapon section. But in its current state I would not recommend it since it does not have the same bonus effect when you are surrounded by teammates and it was one of the weapons that was directly nerfed by removing its autoaim.
  • ViPHeXViPHeX Member Posts: 255 Recruit
    am I the only one that can't get into the game?
    It keeps crashing as soon as the loading bar is full
    @ViPHeX It's been happening to everyone since last night. If you create a guest account, you can temporarily play but it kicks you out later. I'm guessing that it's a server issue which usually gets quickly resolved. Just wait until Skyvu gives the all clear.
  • ViPHeXViPHeX Member Posts: 255 Recruit
    @CantTouchThis
    FYI I've tried reinstalling it.
    I've linked it with my FB account so it says "Welcome ViPHeX!", so I clicked, "Let's go!".
    Then the picture loading screen that says 'loading' in the top corner comes up.
    After waiting for a while, the game crashes.

Ok CTT, hope it gets solved soon!
    looks like I won't be able to play till it gets fixed
    edited April 2016
    New update means new potential changes. There were several bugs fixed (based Harpoon Gun is back) as well as several balance changes. I've posted the known changes in Chapter 4.1 Update Changes. Post below if there was any information I may have missed and I'll keep you guys updated. Also there are some information I do not know/confirmed marked with ???. If you can help me fill that gap it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Dragon Slayzer's previous firerate was 0.7, Electric Honey's was 0.18 and I think the previous accuracy was 30%.
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • VasectomyVasectomy Member Posts: 30 Recruit
    I believe from testing it, that the range and accuracy for sp smg was nerfed as well
  • VasectomyVasectomy Member Posts: 30 Recruit
    Also, Berserk augment is now +25% damage -15% max health
  • AlphaPrimusAlphaPrimus Member Posts: 96 Recruit
    It's great taking all this effort for the whole overclock community. Really commendable.