BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

New Ranking System.

Dban1Dban1 Banned, Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 9,506 Fabled
edited September 2014 in BB GOLD
Ok. So recently I restarted to wonder about ranks.

To veterans out there, if you do still recall, there was actually exhilaration and admiration to anyone who had good ranks back in the day, ESPECIALLY since there was the green rank glitch.

Bronze and silver were already rare, diamonds were only available to a select few.

Now, it's possible to get diamond very easily, with a measly 8,000 rank. In order to increase replayability, I recommend we either revamp the ranks, or simply add new ranks.

Aside from the idea of simply increasing req of diamond to like, 100,000 rank for good difficulty, I have come up with some stuff.

1st. Addition of more ranks, while shifting diamond way up high.
Gold - 4k
Quartz -8k
Ruby -16k

And so on..

Diamond-14829729k

Yeah..you get the idea.

However, this will cause a stairway-to-heaven effect on players, where they are required to climb to the stars, which proves exhaustive to many.

2. Fragments
The idea is to fragmentalise the rank system. Ever noticed te many jut-outs from the diamond plate? What if..8-k rank gave you only a piece of the diamond? To get the full diamond piece, u gotta keep earning skill to eventually fully convert your entire plate into diamond. Bear in mind that the rank plate will seem wholly colourful with all the golds silvers and diamond fragments all over.

However, this is real messy and can require quite a big deal of reprogramming. Not likely, but still an idea.

3. Themes

Basically the ranks come in sets. So the first set is green to diamond. The second set is blue to plasma, etc.

Green
Diamond 8k

V

Blue (same shape as Green) 12k

Cyan 18k

Opal 30k

Quartz 48k

After a series of ranks, we get to the recolours.

Dark green -105k
Dark Bronze -125k (notice the exponential curve and these ranks should have an outer purple glow to give the OOMPH rather than a boring colour.)
Dark Diamond -250k

The best part?

Upon ATTAINING Dark Diamond (the req can be adjusted by SkyVu, not necessary to be 250k), a

SET OF DARK DIAMOND SKINS (like the gold skin set) will be available to be purchased.

I strongly recommend these skins to be joules (2,500,000) for a start. After all, it's the joule counterpart for the gold skins. Although the burden of cost is not exactly equal to 1,710 gas, the rank pre-requisite saves SkyVu with the inspiration for players to achieve 250,000 rank or higher.

Introduction of DECAY system:

As many of us have experienced, after attaining diamond we never drop again. At least never back to green unless you reset it or somehow play very un-diamond like. That's why i suggest the DECAY system, where upon entering the DARK zone, your rank decays.

Eg;

Dark Green (-170 rank per day of not playing)
Dark Diamond (-300 rank per day of not playing)

This will urge players to play the game to get those dark diamond skins / personal achievement.

And this is where the battle bears gold server notifications for your phone actually play a part in.

Any feedback?
rwT4Yae.jpg

Comments

• SingularitySingularity Member Posts: 1,254 Sergeant
    I was thinking more of the line if ruby emerald quarts and rainbow
  • xXMrPurpleNuggetXxxXMrPurpleNuggetXx Member Posts: 976 Corporal
    I made a thread about this awhile ago but yours is explained better xD and i love the idea of the new skins. The only problem is that the only thing you have to do to even gain any skill is play 24/7. Make rooms where you 1v1 level 1 noobs and gain 90 skill per match (even though you gain a lot more than it says it gives you). Although the skill rating system would always be hard and glitchy considering that in custom matches you dont always play with players of equal rank on the opposite team: EX: A team with a diamond, green, and gold. So, I was thinking perhaps taking skill away from custom matches altigether. That way you don't gain skill unfairly and at the same time make custom match making more of a valid option to play.
  • Dban1Dban1 Banned, Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 9,506 Fabled
    BertNErnie
    rwT4Yae.jpg
  • DoodleQuikDoodleQuik Member, MVP Posts: 7,671 Fabled
    *sniff* Am I the only one who doesn't have Diamond rank?
    Twitter! https://twitter.com/DoodleQuik
    Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/DoodleQuik/
    Nintendo Network ID! GuineaQuik
    Friend Code! (tell me if you added me!): 0705-1957-4195
  • 0besity0besity Member Posts: 67 Recruit
    ^ As well as agree and disagree, you should be able to 'aww' other people's posts.
  • SamSuErSamSuEr Member Posts: 319 Recruit
    I personally find this new ranking idea to be the most interesting for me ^^
  • ScwambledScwambled Member Posts: 2,339 War Hero
    I feel this is still relevant.
    rwT4Yae.jpg
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,257 Fabled
    You had me until the decay thing
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
    @Wilpower784 R u referring to your attention or your agreement XD
    rwT4Yae.jpg
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,257 Fabled
    Agreement; probably my favorite suggestion in awhile minus the last bit
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
    @Wilpower784 What if I tweak it to a selective decay?

E.g. The following ranks:

Dark Silver > Dark Gold > Dark Diamond

If you achieved Dark Gold, you can only decay and REMAIN at Dark Silver.

If you achieved Dark Diamond, you can only decay till Dark Gold. [etc a locked flooring].

Only the top most tier, Dark Diamond, would have to be worked on to sustain.

I also want to emphasise that hardcore gameplay is not required. All that is needed is a few matches a day to remain very safe in the rank. The more you play, the higher up you go, the longer you can take a hiatus and come back still in Dark Diamond.

This also ensures that there is something to work towards again after taking a long break.

Another idea would be a decay-lock, which can be bought for Joules. 50k Joules to lock for a week, for example. But this is borderline redundant and goes against the true purpose of such a system, which is to encourage healthy play.
    rwT4Yae.jpg
  • FluttershyisbestponyFluttershyisbestpony Member, MVP Posts: 3,943 Exalted
    I'm not even sure if decay is necessary, since inexperience will cause the player to be bumped down to their correct rank pretty quickly anyways, if the rank system is working correctly. Plus, it just seems like a lot of pressure: you might be really really good still, but a few days on vacation with your family later and you're a thousand or more points down.

--

One thing I'd really love, though, (apart from a rank system that actually works) is a casual/competitive "switch" you can flip. A certain tag or symbol will display by your name based on whether you're playing for rank or just practicing/goofing off, and you will gain rank based only on your performance against other ranked people in that same match. With cool ranks like Dark Diamond in the offering, that should be enough temptation to encourage people to play for keeps.

You can also choose an automatch or define a private match as casual or competitive only, to give players lots of freedom in choosing their style of play, and will even allow for mixed games with both casuals and competitives since your team score and KDR will only be calculated against other competitives in the same game.

This is just an idea I had a few seconds ago, actually, so I'll have to sleep on it. :P
  • LilyBLilyB Member Posts: 143 Recruit
    edited January 11
    Yes, please let them add this ranking system B) I have 1million anyways just like some others. Totally would be nice to have the "Rainbow rank".
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,043 Underlord 2016
    edited January 11
    I'd say add new ranks to replace the current ones and make the older ranks way harder to get and maybe some higher then diamonds to switch it up for people who already reached it e.g.
    Green
    *replacement for bronze* idea: coal (flat black colour)
    *replacement for silver* idea: brass (yellow colour)
    *replacement for gold* idea: ruthenium (flat grey colour)
    *replacement for diamond* idea: copper (orange colour)
    (all are using the green rank design)
    Bronze (15,000 skill rating)
    *new one* (25,000 skill rating) idea: indium (light brown)
    (both are using the bronze rank design)
    Silver (40,000 skill rating)
    *new one* (75,000 skill rating) idea: rhenium (light grey)
    (both are using the silver rank design)
    Gold (100,000 skill rating)
    *new one* (300,000 skill rating) idea: ruby (red colour)
    *new one* (500,000 skill rating) idea: sapphire (since it's also blue but darker)
    (all are using the gold rank design)
    Diamond (750,000 skill rating)
    *new one* (1 million skill rating) idea: platinum (because it's more valuable then diamond also very light blue colour)
    *new one* (3 million skill rating) idea: rhodium (because it's more valuable then platinum and shiny silver colour)
    (These all use the diamond rank design)
    SSS
  • WildmanWildman Member Posts: 3 Recruit
    I'd get back into it if rank requirements were increased, I'm trash nowadays but would be keen to earn it.